Radio Nostalgie - not able to add or play - mplayer and soundmagic play it without issues

hello,

trying to play the French (Paris), radio streams of radio Nostalgie using roon. but to no success.

roon radio offers the station with three streams - but all do not work.
if i add one of them (the 576k one) manually results with an error: roon could not find a radio station at this URL.

i can see that the streams work from my location, tried using mplayer and my CXN V2’ internal internet radio (StreamMagic). both play it and report 576kbit/s.

the urls i tried are: http://cdn.nrjaudio.fm/audio1/fr/40164/aac_576.mp3 (…/30601/aac_64.mp3, …/30601/mp3_128.mp3). all of them do not work with roon though.

its not too bad - i use CXN V2’s StreamMagic in addition to roon - but it disturbs my way of using roon somehow (i intent to use roon exclusively).

any idea ?

ciao and tx

Where are you based?

I am in the UK and cannot play the streams - I cannot play via the website either. If I VPN to France, Germany or the US, then I can.

hi

tx for answering and your help, i am in estonia.

as mentioned, the streams play fine with any device connected to my home network.

even the device running roon core can play them (though, just simple dump using curl).

also the CXN V2 is connected to the same network.

stop, a correction - i just started to monitor the tcp traffic (tcpdump running on roon core where i started the stream via roon app) and while i parsed through the captured packages i can see that all looks right (roon core connects to the stream entrypoint, receives the token, the stream, resolves the stream according the specs, then it stops though) and then, suddenly the stream started to play (like one minute later). i can repeat this.

one thing i notice - other than the CXN V2 or mplayer (starting the stream directly), roon is displaying radio stations metadata (title, artist - and passing it to the CXN V2). in-between songs - it shows the same as the CXN V2 but adds metadata link which resolve (via computer room app) to some strange roon playlist (russian tel numbers (+7…)) though (this one time only) ??? (i guess, never mind)

btw, mplayer and CXN V2 start faster - and everytime (dont show metadata - so, roon trumping again).

ciao, have a great saturday

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.