Radio paradise issues - read this first

Would you like an indication of a stream not working and an alternative provided? The signal path can help but not always. Sounds like a feature request.

It should say it cant play the stream reverting to … Stream

To all those who have contributed to this thread…
From RP
The flacm software was just updated, should see some improvements.

I would be grateful if users post their experiences of the flacm streams.

Brian

I give it a whirl tomorrow. RP ran 12 hours strait today through the Bryston app on Manic moose.

1 Like

The existing FLAC M I had was ghosted out. Had to re add it. Kicked it off and it ran for about and hour before stopping. Just kicked it off again.

Does that mean you were using a URL you added in my live radio? There shouldn’t be any such issue with the main database ones.

Having said that - you won’t be able to play any radio at the moment because of the Google cloud problem.

Frankly i can’t recall how I added it. I zapped it and manually added in the flacm url and its been playing for about 15 minutes. How should I add the flacm ?

You did fine - at the moment manually added URLs added before the current Google problem are the only radio streams you can play.

Stations that involve going through those Roon servers associated with the Google issue won’t play.

Ran solid for about 8 hours strait today.

1 Like

Excellent. Perhaps RP have finally sorted things out.
Thank you very much for your monitoring; I shall pass the info on to Roon.

Brian

Still cranking along today and I noticed that the RP graphic lives again.

1 Like

I tried Flac and flacm streams and got no graphics :-/

You should get song and artist but the only graphics is from Roon matching the track to an album I’m afraid.

If you’re near a TV and have Roku, then load the Radio Paradise Roku app, put your TV on mute, and you’re GTG.

Not a graphics, just song/artist and pics that sorta go along with the selection playing.

@BrianW, thanks for the pin. :slightly_smiling_face:

All RP metadata flac streams appear to be down. I’ve checked UK, US and Japan.

I’ll keep monitoring.

RP flacm streams up again.

Not here in NL for either of the Mellow flacm streams… At least, the streams are there, but no metadata coming through in Roon (but showing in the it’roXs player extension)

B571 on ROCK.

Just VPN’d to Netherlands, and metadata is in stream (albeit sometimes “unknown”). Are you still having problems?

Unrelated but… @BrianW I’ve taken the liberty to modify RP’s logos in Roon for Mellow, ROck and World-Etc, I found it confusing to have the same logo for all 4 RP channels.
If someone dislike it I can revert the change of course.

1 Like

Not here. It’s going to stay. Thank you Rémi.

1 Like