Radio play is still busted

The powers that be here didn’t like me expressing my OPINION of MQA last month, and deleted my unfavorable post, so let me give you all some FACTS about the busted “Radio” play feature on Roon.

This thing worked fine up until about the end of 2017, then started sliding in musical genres completely unrelated in kind to the original choice I made. For example, my be-bop, hard-bop musical diet went from sampling my sizable collection of Miles, Blakey, Donaldson etc. to Miles, Colby Caillot’s Christmas album, the HDCD sampler (God I had forgotten I even bought that 20 years ago) and other such not-even-vaguely similar songs.

Roon, whatever you did to “Radio” has busted it. Listen to your users on this.This is the second time I’ve brought this up, and I’m not the only one griping about it. There are active on this board right now several similar complaints about “Radio.” Here’s a plea to fix it back like it was, because its present iteration is sufficiently annoying that I am going to end my subscription when it comes due next month.

Hell, iTunes random play could perform this poorly and it costs nothing.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon 1.4 - Radio Feedback