Raspberry Pi 5 Coming in October

LOL, i have no major linux skills. I guess i thought i would see the boot process :wink:

So nothing on the screen?

indeed and indeed again for 10 chars

1 Like

But… How did you actually get one as your also in NL?

Kiwi electronics

no luck here either … headless, so i can only see the LEDs … i get brief solid red, then a few blinking reds, then perpetual solid green … no signs of life from LEDs on ethernet port or anywhere else

Hi,
If you send me your adress I might be able to help out, I have a second one but without power supply and fan.

1 Like

I confirm steady green LED and black screen

Harry, I can send you one if you still didn’t source it. I only need your address.
Best,
Igor

1 Like

Hi Igor,

Much appreciated!

But I’m also blocked by the bootloader used by RoPieee. They expect to land support for the 5 not earlier then January.

That means that I’m no longer in a rush to get one.
If I still don’t have one next month I’ll poke you :wink:

2 Likes

I see. Well, let me klnow if I can help.
All the best,
Igor

1 Like

Hi Harry - I wondered if you had any update for the timing of an Rpi5 image. (I am in no great hurry - RPi5 arrived early December but the power supply isn’t scheduled to arrive until 16 February).

I’ve got a Pi5 lying around here.

Right now I’m waiting for Pi5 support in the bootloader that RoPieee uses.
They’ve got it working (preliminary), but it is not officially released yet.

I’ve done some preparation for the Pi5, so as soon as the bootloader stuff lands I’m pretty sure I can release a first beta quite soon.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update - much appreciated.

If I add a RTC to a Pi 4b will RoPieee make use of it?
Add on Real Time Clock for RP 4

Hello RoPieee fans out there,

are there any news on the Pi 5 version of RoPieee? @spockfish

Thank you very much and have a great day :slight_smile:

Just wondering about this: is the RPi5 not overkill as a Roon Bridge? I think I’ve read somewhere that the RPi4 already is. I suppose new versions are nice for you as a developer, but are there good reasons for users to buy a RPi5 to install ropieee on, @spockfish?

It is.

But it’s still fun though to get it to work :wink:

3 Likes

The Real Time Clock probably is…

Still looking forward to

If all or some of these features reveals to be true, this is not overkill, for me.