Raspberry Pi Booting times

Hi,

I have a question about the booting times of the different pi’s.
At the moment, I’m using an old RP 3B. As I’m always disconnecting the device from power, the booting time is important for me. Is there a difference from the new Pi’s 4 or Pi’s 5?
Thanks!

If you’re also using an old and slow spec micro SD card, that will be the most determining bottleneck.

Just acquired an RPi5 and it’s booting RPi OS much quicker in comparison with an RPi3B+, using two of the same type cards.

I haven’t taken the time, since I always shut down my windows 11 server, and it’s taking ~90 seconds to boot and start Roon, but the Pi‘s are quicker.

I have a Pi 3b with MoOde Audio running Roon bridge with an iFi dac attached and the end point is ready to select in 30 seconds or less.

Yes, newer PIs boot faster (with good SD card)
I’m using Pi4 (with Sandisk Extreme SD card) with optimised RaspiOS and boot time is somewhere around 13 seconds - up to point when device becomes available in Roon.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers! I‘m using an old „no name“ MicroSD Card. I‘ll switch to a faster one and if applicable to a new Pi 4 or 5.

Thanks for your help!

I use a Kingston Industriële microSD - 8 GB microSDHC Industrial C10 A1 pSLC. It costs arround €12,-. It is very fast and it is big enough to run RoPieee XL or most other streamer-firmware. This is realy the best you can offer your RPI.