Re-design Playback Screen - The let-down of Roon

Hi @Sallah_48, that would be a pity and the death of a lively forum. I think most negative reactions are to be found in the MQA threads, although I do agree a bit with you that I’m also losing interest a bit. My personal view is, that Roon is obsessed acquiring new customers with MQA, Chromecast etcetera etcetera.

The unfortunate result as I see it: an exclusive fixation on the technical/soundwise aspect, resulting in an almost complete neglect of UI en UX. The picture from their website (the foldout vinyl album art) has been posted here as a reminder a few times already. I think that currently, Roon is not only not living up to expectations here, but also abandoning one of their first promises and in some ways even their original vision.

Hope this changes soon and becomes more balanced. The balance as I experience it now is 90% tech and not even 10% UI, which of course than can only be minor improvements. Don’t get me wrong, I also like better sound and more features in that respect (native room correction for example), but as I stated there is no balance right now.

1 Like