Reboot Roon Core?

How about if the developers track down the cause and fix it so that frequent restarts aren’t necessary ?

2 Likes

This thread is already years old and not the first of it’s kind. So while what you propose seems like the ideal/best solution (a solution also already asked for several times and even used by Roon Labs as defense/reason {development target} for not providing their users with a built-in and easy to use server {process} restart function), it is obviously not happening. Meanwhile new features and bugs got added to Roon, from a users perspective some of those new features are simply synonymous to bugs, and overall nothing seems to have changed – the situation remained the same.

What’s the saying? Hope dies last?

1 Like

I do understand that, and I’m not going to try and push a UPS on you. Your specific example is kind of outside the scope of my comment though.

Thanks, I agree my situation is not normal and I get a lot of “well get a UPS”.

I am a scientist and I did all the basic research. We investigated solar but we are not far off moving house so it would be dead capital.

I do have 2 UPS , one covering the computers the other the hi fi, but the lead acid type. Unless you go for lithium ion batteries at massive cost the Depth of Discharge required to keep the hi fi on would mean the battery life drop to maybe 4-6 months on lead batteries. I watch people rushing out to but Pb based UPS to keep TV’s etc running , they will be running back soon for new batteries, but they don’t realize. YET.

Our government tell us its all fixed , if you can believe that . In the last 30 days we have had 24/7 power on 3 days . This has been going on for over 5 years So watch this space.

The answer for me is a 1Tb SD card in my phone and a pair of Sony WH1000-MX4 .