Recommendations for UPS models to protect Nucleus+ Core and connected devices (ref#C4W1UN)

Affected Product

Nucleus

Nucleus Model

Nucleus+ Rev B

Description of Issue

Whenever there is an external power issue, the Core needs to be rest before ARC can be used “on the road”. I power thru a Furman but I think some type of UPS is needed. Are there specific models you recommend that will protect the Core, minimize the inconvenience and not compromise sound quality?

RAM & Internal Storage

2T

Connected Audio Devices

USB to external backup Sandisc

Home Network Details

Ethernet cable modem

I have a Cyberpower 1500 VA, think the model is CP1500PFCLCD but can’t recall for sure. Have the NUC/ROCK, modem, router, Ethernet switch and cable box plugged into the UPS then the UPS plugged into the Furman.

That keeps those devices going during brief outages then we have a backup power supply that kicks in for prolonged outages.

If you’re hoping to keep connection during a power outage and while you’re “on the road”, a UPS is only good for a limited amount of time. At least 15-30 minutes, but not indefinitely.

I think many people connect a UPS so that they have a chance to shut down the Nucleus gracefully instead of it losing power abruptly., rather than maintaining connection for ARC.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.