Recommended CD ripper to use directly on Nucleus+ USB?

I agree, and if you have to transfer/add afterwards, maybe better then doing it with external software anyway.

If I needed to trace back the albums, I would use the Album browser and Focus > Date added AND NOT Qobuz.

In my example, that tells me that I ripped a couple of Vollenweider albums, and a John Williams soundtrack during 17 - 20 March.

Having said that, if I wasn’t storing them in my NUC, but elsewhere on the network, I would probably use dBpoweramp on my PC to do the ripping, as I used to do before Roon OS got the ripping function built-in.

I know I can do that but it’s no use if I have to use Roons search if I am just looking for the files to move them. Its not a practical situation to fire up Roon for this and overly complicated. Its really not hard for them to use the names correctly. Its just short sighted to think people use these files in just one closed eco system. You might but the majority of us likely don’t. I don’t use my laptop as I want a put disc in and forget about it, like I did when using Vortexbox as my server. Looks like I may have to return to that model but that means going into my server space to do it.

If they want the Nucleus to seriously compete against the other servers that rip and serve Roon then they need to up the game as it still feels too bolted on and currently been broken for quite some time.

1 Like

Fine. I’m happy with the solution as is. It’s all I need.

Roon does have limited resources. The higher priority for Roon at the time of this post is an off line solution. Got that from an online interview of CEO/Founder.
Roon offers ripping for use by Roon. It was never intended as a competitor for the many utility software for ripping CDs. Long time Roon users do a mix of using ripping software or the simple Roon solution, rip direct to Roon for Roon. Let’s understand Roon is not a general utility software program.
If you need your rips for other purposes then use the tools for that. dbPowerAmp often comes up in forums.

I know exactly what Roon is been using it for years it doesn’t change the fact this is still not a fleshed out feature and it could do with more love. It’s already doing the cd look up and finding metadata from Roons metadata sources, cant see it being hard to name files it rips.

5 Likes