Recommended ***NEW*** albums

@joel Can I suggest that the rules be extended to saying something about the album, for example what it’s like, why you like it anything really rather than just post a picture. If an album is one you recommend you should be able to at least type a few words about it.

Which brings me to

Qobuz: Space Heavy by King Krule
Tidal: Space Heavy by King Krule
Spotify: Space Heavy by King Krule

My son gave me King Krule’s debut album for Christmas in 2013 and this is his third offering. Hard to categorise but a bit Tindersticks mixed with a little Prefab Sprout with some wonderful skewed jazzy type musical backdrops. You can imagine Tarantino mining these songs for his films.

Needs a few listens but really does repay them.

.sjb

7 Likes

This is totally fine. Nothing in the rules preventing this. I even added a single line to my recommendation in post #2.

IMG_9332

1 Like

IMG_0305

Discovered this album through an excellent interview on Qobuz:

https://open.qobuz.com/story/SEDP4PRZTBDGHIMVKCDTQRIHYM

It’s rare for me to see someone perfectly describe all the things that are swirling around in an album and for me to actually hear all of them in the music.

For someone who has just stepped into neoclassical I think he smashed it out of the park.

4 Likes

“Album of the year candidate for me this”
It makes two of us, just brilliant

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638235509230677260

If you are into the genre, this is my recommendation of the week. I remember buying their first EP back in 1984. And I have been following the band ever since, and was lucky enough to see them live in 1999 at the Wacken Open Air festival with a near perfect performance.

3 things have always been consistent in this band.:

1. They always had great guitarists. Amongst them, Joey Tafolla and Chris Broderick. Current guitarist Ken Rodarte is also no slouch.

2. In Harry Conklin they have a great vocalist

3. The songwriting has always been on point

This album is no exception.

3 Likes

This first time through had me very very, very. impressed, amazing first solo effort:

5 Likes

I guess the album of Charlie Watts is worth mentioning here

RoonShareImage-638237600345693340

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-638237534399210020

Can’t say that I don’t miss getting pummeled in the head by the previous Swans lineup when listening to the new and maybe final Swans lineup on this and the previous album, which owes much to Michael Gira’s other long-running band, Angels of Light.

But I always loved Angels of Light, anyway, and it’s yet another awesome piece in a monumental career as well as an unexpected gift after the end of Swans was already announced, pre-pandemic.

I hope they nevertheless put the hammer down one more time on Nov 21 in Berlin and push me deep into my front row seats :smiley:

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-638238123335418620

2 Likes

This thread needs love.

8 Likes

IMG_3823

12 Likes

Not for everyone I understand , but a great bit of Black Metal. Three listens in and it was well worth the long wait.

The album is Blackbraid II

4 Likes

qB0yEb7
really like this new rendition of a “proved chemistry in songwriting”.

2 Likes

I highly recommend this new band and album Withering Scorn - Prophets of Demise!

Featuring Glen Drover, Shawn Drover (ex-Megadeth), Joe DiBiase (ex-Fate’s Warning) & Henning Basse (Metalium).

RoonShareImage-638243980823889536

6 Likes

IMG_1651

3 Likes

IMG_1353

6 Likes

Can’t recommend this enough. An album about loss and one that’s achingly beautiful and atmospheric and above all moving. Album of the year for me. It’s got Carrie & Lowell vibes it’s going to stick with me I feel like Cassandra Jenkins Overview of a Phenomenal Nature has another album written after loss.

10 Likes

I only became aware of this lady a few days ago but this is quite lovely.

9 Likes

Big music!
Great voice and interpretation!
Great recording!

It can be downloaded in wav format from the Velut Luna store:

1 Like