Recordings in collection but missing from listing on Composition page

Thankyou @Andre_Gosselin. Couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

Ran into this problem this morning and it took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on. I thought maybe that Roon was using the total time in some way to determine if the performance was complete or an excerpt. Then searching the forum found this thread and see that it is (rather poorly) supplied metadata. The “hit” rate on complete recordings in my library is not even close to 50%. In my case, I was looking at Beethoven’s 5th. I have 10 complete recordings in my library, but with “OCR” flag set to on, it is filtered to 3. Ugh. I agree with @Andre_Gosselin that this should be addressed. Giving us a way to set the flag on local files would be the best solution given the no where near complete metadata.

A way to toggle the “Complete Performance” flag for linked and properly identified compositions would be great. Thanks.

To augment the data, I know I have 18 complete recordings of Symphonie Fantastique (as per length and hand confirmation of five movements). With OCR activated, six are listed for a 33% “success” rate.

my 2c

1 Like

Thanks for your 2c.

@mike To add yet another 2c of mine, I went back to the AllMusic Berlioz compositions page and scrolled to the Symphonie fantastique entry. Note that AllMusic discriminates between “Complete” and “Excerpt” performance type. Here the performance by Yannick Nézet-Séguin is clearly listed under “Complete performances”:

As can be seen in my earlier posts, I have the Yannick Nézet-Séguin recording download in my local library, but it does not show as complete when the OCR setting is activated.

Here is a case where AllMusic/TiVo metadata are right, but appear to be misinterpreted / ignored by Roon. Since AllMusic/TiVo is such an important metadata supplier for Roon, I assume that Roon should know about the complete/excerpt categorization already available in AllMusic/Tivo. I am surprised by what I have found. I previously asked about the origin of the metadata used by Roon to set its OCR flag, but got no answer. Can I ask again ?

It would be interesting to get a comment from Roon about that.

Regards

4 Likes

Thanks to those of you who created and contributed to this thread a year and a half ago. Helped me figure out what was going on with my compositions. I’d like to reiterate @Andre_Gosselin 's question. Are there any plans on Roon’s part to address the lousy success rate of the complete recordings flag? I checked a dozen or so recordings and returned < 50% recordings on each and every one.

1 Like