Red dot top left hamburger

What is this red dot? It’s a small laser, isn’t it? It’s piercing my skull attempting to retrieve information. It started showing up right after my Covid shot! It must be connected! What are you guys up to? The laser is activating the chip that just got put in my arm!
Seriously I thought it was a lack of backup another thread mentioned, so I set up Dropbox yesterday, backed up, rebooted, dot still appears. There is no other red dot anywhere else in the ap.

This has happened to me a couple of times.

If you can, open Roon on a Windows* machine. I’ve found the Windows application sometimes gives more clues as to what might be causing this (could be a backup stalling for some reason, a metadata sync glitch, or similar). Have a poke around in the various Settings tabs…

Most times I’ve found a reboot of the Core clears whatever was prompting a notification/warning, and the dot in the iOS app goes away, but on a number of occasions I’ve wasted time stabbing at a phone trying to find the cause and getting nowhere.

Good luck!

*I don’t have any experience of the Mac client but I presume it would be similarly helpful.

Well low and behold, last night the system went through a major hiccup; it stopped playing music halfway through a tune, it tryied to find core, then the DAC shutoff on its own, which has never happened before. I left it until this morning, turned on the exaSound DAC, I couldn’t engage anything, I noticed my Roon ready exaSound was missing from audio option. pulled the power from the Playpoint streamer, plugged back in, it reappeared, reconnected it. (Haven’t had to do this in years!) and voila!

Whether someone at Roon forced something or it crashed on its own I don’t know…