Reliability issues after Roon 1.8 update

Since the update I’ve had to restart my Roon server 4 times (It’s in a ROCK thing) because the ropieee devices lose connection with the core. Before the Roon update it worked fine without having to restart the server. Is this a known issue?

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem. I’m just about to restart my ROCK for the second time this week due to endpoints disappearing. The first was a USB DAC attached to a PC. The second is a RoPieee.

Given that RoonBridge was not updated, the problem seems to be related to 1.8. I don’t think there is anything Harry can do about it.

It’s a Roon (core) problem. They know about it and are working on a fix. I also saw my Ropieee drop off the zone picker, but I’ve lost other endpoints as well.

1 Like

I have the same problem too. This is the issue of Roon Core 1.8

I can confirm that this is a roon core issue introduced in 1.8
There is already a support ticket open wich was recognized by roon support team as issue.

I’ve posted my experience of endpoint missing from audio zones in Roon. I’ve had two restarts of the borg (sorry I meant core) necessary. Since a restart two days ago the ropieee endpoint problem hasn’t recurred. Very odd experience. Roon seem to have located a problem and updating in w/c 22/2. (info only)

1 Like

I have 2 RopieeeXL endpoints, only one of them has had problems since the update requiring a daily reboot of Roon. They are both Airplay enabled but the one with the problem is the only that has actually been used with Airplay since the Roon 1.8 update. It shows up in settings like this.

There is only one device on 0.42 and it showing up as both Linux and via Airplay in the Audio menu. Even though it looks like it’s enable via Linux, it sometimes does not show up in the zones. I reboot Roon, it reconnects, looks the same in the menu view shown whether it visible in zones or not; next morning again missing from zones and still appears to be connected in the Audio menu.

The display on my roopiee hasn’t worked since the update, it says zone not found - however the playback function as normal. Anyone else with the same issue?

I have had issues with the display that got fixed by restarting the Roon Server.

Tried that as well, but didn’t work unfortunately. Had to restart server for it to find roopiee at all.

Having issues with the 1.8 update. music I was usually listening too before the update was loading fine, but now when the update was implemented I’m seeing what I was listening to before I can’t listen to it now, 48khz 24bit mqa 96khz it will not load