Remote connectivity issues between IOS devices and Salk Stream III (Roon core)

Hi Eric, I’m going to have to upgrade my MacBook in order to install Roon on it to test a hardwired connection and I will do that… but before I try that, I have a question.

I have the Roon core installed on my Salk streamer, it came pre-installed from the factory. I just signed up for Roon and I got the controller app for my iPhone and iPad. I can operate it controlling it to play on either iOS device or directly to my Dac. My question is that when I kill the app on either device, it continues to play. It continues to play even if I shut down either device. Is this Normal?

I would think that it would stop playing…

Also, when I wake up my iPad, I can see what’s playing, but then the screen flashed for a second showing it to reconnect. Is that normal too?

Before you ask me to reinstall the apps, is there a preferred method to reinstall?
I attempted to try this and it warned me that I would lose my settings, etc. I’m happy to try this, I just want to be sure.

Do I need to reinstall the core as well?

If you’d rather me try the hard wired connection first, I’ll do that, I just need a little more time.

Thanks,

John