Remotes cannot find my Nucleus

Hi Noris,
Have a virtual hug from me! It’s working.
Having removed the usb drive and booted up from the web UI Nucleus became findable again. A few resets and things are getting back to normal.
Thank you so much for your help and patience with a computer illiterate such as myself.
Happy New Year
Simon, near Guildford, Surrey, UK

1 Like

Hi @Simon_Ware,

Happy to hear that disconnecting the USB drive helped resolve this issue!

Just in case there are similar reports in the future, can you please provide some more information regarding this specific drive?

What was the model/manufacturer and how was it formatted if you by any chance recall (NTFS/FAT32/exFAT/ect.)?

Happy New Year to you as well!

Hi Noris,
It’s a cheap pen drive branded by a company my son was working for and doesn’t give much away on the outside. I’m nervous to plug it in to a computer and I can’t remember how it was formatted I’m afraid. I believe the activity led on the drive was permanently alight during the fault where as before it would flash intermittently. I should have realised perhaps.
What do you recommend as a backup drive? Perhaps an internal solid state?
Thanks again for your help.

Hi @Simon_Ware,

Thanks for letting me know those additional details, appreciate it!

Not quite.

An internal drive will automatically be added as a Roon Watched Storage location, and it is not suggested that Roon watches where the backups are stored as it would be scanning the backup files and attempt to add them to the library.

The better practice here would be to have the backups reside on a USB attached storage, such as an external HDD/proper USB Key or if you prefer, you can also have the backups reside on a NAS or other PC on the same network.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.