Remove from Library option for Local Files

Continuing the discussion from Roon 1.8 (Build 831) Feedback:

Why is this option not available for Local Files? Its so tedious and user unfriendly to have to click edit and then go all the way down to the delete option. If it can be there for streaming albums seems a bit odd to exclude this functionality for local albums.

1 Like

I believe it is a deliberate design choice by Roon Labs. “Remove from Library” would mean “remove from library, and delete the files from your watched folder” in the case of local files. So the decision was to retain the original delete steps for local files.

Having a single click to remove and delete local files would probably cause lots of folks to complain that they had unexpectedly deleted their files…

3 Likes

Six of one and half a dozen of the other type case!

However I for one would also dearly love the same delete function for local files as we have for steamed albums.

No thanks, rather not have Roon have the ability at all to delete my files the more hidden the better. Perhaps an ignore from library option would be a safer option. Roons mantra is it doesn’t meddle with your files so being able to delete then is in contradiction to this if your ask me.