Renaming Track in Larger Work (ref#FGUNMW)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

I see incorrect data in Roon

Can I rename a track that's part of a larger work?

Qobuz is usually pretty good at labeling classical works and tracks, but sometimes they screw up, and here’s one example: instead of each movement of this violin concerto being labeled with its movement name, all tracks are simply labeled “Revised by Henryk Szeryng”. When you click on the individual files, the file names are correctly labeled, but they display in Roon as this. Is there any way to change this? It doesn’t look like there is. :frowning:

If I click on the work, I can rename the work, but I can’t seem to rename tracks within a work. I don’t understand this limitation, unless there’s just something I’m not seeing.

I’m a little confused on how to edit posts, so I’ll just say this here: this problem is actually not due to Qobuz, but due to Roon itself. The tracks are labeled correctly on Qobuz, but on Roon they’re not. That’s why I’m even more frustrated that I can’t seem to do anything about it. Any ideas?

Please tell us the name of the Qobuz album that has this issue. Thanks.

For me here in Germany, Qobuz from within Roon only finds 6 recordings of the work.

Just one recording is from 1975 and part of a multi disc set, but available in two versions.
It’s correctly identified and has different track lengths as compared to your screenshot.

So, have you bought and downloaded your copy from Qobuz at some time in the past?

Hello,

The recording is Salvatore Accardo, but the album art is different from the ones you show. The album is titled: “Paganini: The 6 Violin Concertos”. Here is a screenshot of the album in question:

I have not downloaded this album; this shows up just from a search within the Qobuz app. When I pull up the album in Qobuz, the tracks for the 3rd violin concerto are correctly labeled. When I pull up this same album in Roon, the tracks are labeled incorrectly.

So it seems to be this one from Qobuz in Roon:

I see the same issue as you in Roon:

I can’t see a way to fix it (but I didn’t dig into the per-track credits). It’s possible to disable multi-part composition grouping for the album but of course this removes the grouping completely

Thanks for the report - this is now in the Metadata category of the forum, so it will be seen and addressed by the Metadata team in Roon Labs. Hopefully they can get it corrected at source for all of us.

Thank you. I have noticed other metadata issues before (mainly with classical music). While we’re at it, I looked up at that album that Marin_Weigel posted “Accardo Plays Paganini - The Complete Recordings”, and I see another issue I’ve encountered before:

Japanese titles mixed in with English ones. These are work titles, so they can be renamed, but this is clearly an error, so I wanted to draw attention to it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.