Request for Default Version Selection Based on Sample Rates or MQA Status (ref#82MADQ)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

How do I ...?

It would be great if somewhere in the app you can have a preference that allows a default version to be selected based on sample rates or MQA y/n.

There’s already an mqa selection for streaming tracks, are you after a variation?

There are existing feature requests for different resolution selections. There is an ongoing debate as to their validity as high resolution may not always equal the best version etc etc.
Personally, Ithink added as an option that can be on or off then it would help some people do why not. :blush:

The best way to get attention from the product team to to post requests like these to Feature Suggestions. I’ve moved your request there so that the right people see it.

Sorry to cross post adding my additional reply here in the proper thread.
Yes, I have tried the above menu. I guess it’s a variant. Here is my usage.
My system can natively decode up to 96k. Anything above that causes Roon to resample.
So I would like an option to make it default to playing nothing higher, thank 96K.
As you said above, the highest resolution for me certainly does not equal the best version, but for others depending on the kit, It might.

Qobuz allows you to choose the max streaming rate in their api and apps, but Tidal do not offer this so you will get what they have, the MQA settings will help to some degree but become less and less useful as they replace more with pure flac which is the case at the moment. For these Roon will have to resample anything higher than 96/24 as it can’t control what you get if it isn’t in the api. Roon will automatically downsample any higher source to the max set for the zone in device settings. You can’t avoid resampling as Tidal doesn’t currently provide the options to choose a resolution.
TBH there isn’t much material over 96/24 on streaming, not that I have found anyway, the odd one here and there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.