Restore Roon Backup after Nucleus Mainboard exchange

Hi, lately my Nucleus+ broke down that I had to send it to the service to repair and finally I received my Nucleus+ from Service with a new mainboard.
Unfortunately I formated my internal SSD storage.
The last two days I copied my music files back on the Nucleus internal storage.

Before the breakdown of my Nucleus I used to give some tags to my music (like „HighRes“, etc…)

Now I am not sure to use the restore from a Roon backup, that I made just before the breakdown, because I do not know, if this restore feature just adds my tags or if it does maybe restore things (I mean configuration from the former mainboard) that probably will cause problem to my new settings of the whole system (new mainboard, new copy of music files to internal SSD)…

I am looking forward to your feedback… Probably you already made some experience with a similar situation with Roon on Nucleus…

I’m curious why you had to copy your music files back onto your internal SSD. Did you delete them before sending your Nucleus back for repair? Anyway, the reason you do Roon backup’s is for such an occasion.

Before restoring an older backup, I would make another Roon backkup. If the older backup does not work for some reason, you can restore today’s backup and get back to where you are now.

Thank you. Yes I formated the internal storage before sending Nucleus to the service.

You should be fine with restoring the old database to your new Nucleus hardware. In fact, you can just swap NVME SSD from one Nucleus to another. At least that works with ROCK and NUCs which is virtually identical to Nucleus.

1 Like