Reversing a Playlist / Play a playlist bottom up

Hello Roon Community,

how do I reverse a playlist? I created a playlist to collect all my favourite songs and I am quite continuously adding tracks to it. This list has grown to more than 1000 songs and scrolling to the end of the list to play latest picks is somehow inconvenient. Is there a way to temporary reverse a playlist or to play it bottom up (sort by / or play latest playlist adds first)?

Running Roon 2.0, Roon Remote 1193 on OSX and the Core is 1193 as well.

Thank you,
Karsten

Hi Karsten
If you are adding tracks you can order by date added. I only find number for tracks on the albums not on playlists.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 17.50.24

Traian

I have also a playlist for favourites, not yet 1000 but growing day by day. One thing I learned is always play that list in Shuffle

1 Like

Once you’ve added the date added column, tap on it twice to reverse sort

1 Like

Agreed, shuffle is my preferred way as well. But sometimes I just want to listen to some “fresh music”.

1 Like

It should be roon radio but I have to be with a remote near by, or to be in front of the computer to skip tracks. But for such large playlist shuffle is the “new fresh”

Ah, that was a little bit hasty. Most of the tracks I recently added to my playlist have been also recently importet. Just noticed that “Date added” (Import Date) is the Roon Import Date as assumed before.

This is not exactly what I want to do and will not allow to reverse the playlist.

I know, My favourite playlist is pulled from tidal, not made in roon, I keep updating in the tidal app for the last 2 years. So does not work. I was hoping you will not have this problem

There are other ways to play, more flexible. Tag all the tracks in the playlist and use the Tracks tab with filters

That’s definitely a good idea and I like the more advance capabilies but this will unfortunately still present the songs in a very different order. I invested quite some time to manually arrange the songs. This is why I want to reverse it. Will probably file a feature request, thanks for your support.

I did not know you could do that.

All the best
:musical_note: :musical_note:
Traian

One other option, not perfect, but for playing the songs in the playlist that you heard least: Add the Plays and/or Played Last column and inverse-sort by that

As a feature suggestion there can be some operations on the queue: flip, reorder, group etc

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.