REW Integration with ROON's PEQ

ROON’s PEQ is such a powerful and convenient feature. But I suppose many are using something like REW to find out the EQ settings, it would be great if there is REW integration with ROON. I suppose both REW and ROON need to work together, but even as a start, just to allow a flat file of EQ settings to be imported into ROON to create a Preset will be of great convenience!

2 Likes

It’s possible to do quite a lot with Roon and REW. Searching this forum will uncover some gems but this is a great place to start A guide how to do room correction and use it in Roon

2 Likes

Thanks Carl. Yes, that is basically what I have been doing. What I am requesting is a deeper integration.

E.g., is it possible for REW to be one of the selections here? I own a pair of 8c, which just got ‘integrated’ with REW. The convenience cannot be underestimated. It allows users to make changes and experiment with much more ease.

1 Like

Roon would probably have to ‘open up’ their code for a direct integration. In addition they would have to work with John Mulcahy, creator of REW to get it right. REW is (becoming) de facto standard in this regard so this would be good for both Roon and REW.
There is a way to do a similar thing already. Exporting a impulse wav from REW and use this in Roon’s convolution engine. It’s not PEQ so not as easy to adjust but it works very well.