RIP Astrud Gilberto

…and when she passes, each one she passes goes: “Ah”

15 Likes

Sad news. Yet another ‘iconic’ singer gone…
R.I.P.

Nooooo! Oh God

I can still be sad about it even though I know it will only get worse with the goodbyes. Also, in Europe the average life expectancy of women is currently 83, so many live longer :wink:

2 Likes

RIP

:100: I’m also sad

I would choose Valhalla (in Europe) but I guess depends on my kids choice of a retreat.

2 Likes

'64 with Stan Getz and '88

Also, in Europe the average life expectancy of women is currently 83, so many live longer

Not sure you meant that she was European; she was Brazilian and lived most of her later life in the US.

I know that she is from Brazil and lived in the US, but I live in Europe and so I don’t expect everyone to drop dead the moment they turn 83, is all I’m saying. Same applies in the US for people who aren’t poor

Got it!

10 char

1 Like

:slight_smile:

smiling in 10 chars

For anyone unfamiliar with Astrud Gilberto and her many wonderful recordings, luckily she is well represented on both Tidal and Qobuz. Each service has over 30 of her albums available , so please honor her passing by listening to some of her music.

I heard an NPR piece that said she received no royalties for “the Girl from Ipanema” but instead got a flat fee of $180. At the time of the studio recording, she was the one whose English pronunciation was the best.

1 Like

‘Blackrock’ and ‘theCity of London’ rules, not the individual purse. From Ukrain, WHO to Verve records.