RIP Klaus Schulze

PIONEER OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC Klaus Schulze is dead

Major DJs call him their “Godfather of Techno”. He himself called his next album a salute “to the great gift of life”. A few weeks before its release, Klaus Schulze died.

4 Likes

4 Likes

My favourites

…and many more.

RIP Klaus and thanks for all the wonderful music>

3 Likes

Very Sad to hear. I need to acquire some of his music. I have Timewind and Dune on vinyl, but, I need more.

2 Likes

:cry: Very sad news

2 Likes

He says of himself that he is not so important, what counts is what remains in our memory from his music.

I remember hearing ‘Timewind’ as a teenager in '77, and was blown away. I listened again more recently, and was amazed how much of modern electronic music was already present in his work. I felt I rediscovered a genius.
He’s up there with Kraftwerk and Moroder to my mind.
RIP

2 Likes

I thought until now I already knew Klaus Schulze well, but looking deeper now I see his great influence in music genres and collaborations I never suspected or explored.

e.g. …But Klaus Schulze didn’t just introduce previously contextless sawtooth waves into popular music: Klaus was the igniter of many of the shockwaves that ran through electronic music in the post-Krautrock era, the impetus if not the engine that kept everything moving. NDW (Ideal), Pop (Alphaville) - the man had his fingers in many things…

2 Likes
1 Like

He is my favorite, a genius… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like