RIP Sinéad O'Connor

16 Likes

We are ok-ish with really old people dying, not this :frowning:

4 Likes

This sad news moved me to tears when I saw it. :pensive:

RIP Shuhada, aka Sinéad

5 Likes

Very sad.

A troubled life, from someone with much talent & creative flair.

Just listening to the duet with John Grant, and then her debut album Lion & Cobra.

Hope you have found peace, Sinead, RIP

1 Like

A great sounding album from a stunning talent.

Still have the CD from 1990.

IMG_0261

2 Likes
1 Like

Another one of my generation gone a real talent.

1 Like

Her album of classic reggae covers, Throw Down Your Arms, is my desert island disc.
Her ability to breathe new life into these songs without any ego still astonishes me.
I’ve been queuing it up all day but haven’t managed to press play.
I’m so sad about this I’m afraid it will be too much.

4 Likes

She was definitely controversial, spoke her mind and was a great artist. I remember seeing her live on SNL in 1992 when she ripped up a picture of the Pope.

3 Likes

Such a strong fragile person with the voice of an angel.

I listened to her autobiography last summer and felt I knew her, her soft Dublin tones in my ears and we’re one year apart in age so the Dublin/Ireland she spoke of was my reality.

Such a sad sad loss for her family, her fans and the world at large. I didn’t understand her SNL tearing of the picture at the time but do now.

Such a brave sweet person.

.sjb

8 Likes

She was ahead of her time.

2 Likes

IMG_0263

1 Like

Loved it when she tore up the picture of the Pope on SNL…

2 Likes

Nothing compares 2 U…

One of Sinead’s more “recent” releases and also one of her best, sadly this wonderful album doesn’t appear to be on either Tidal or Qobuz:

2 Likes

Might be a regional issue

Thankfully, It’s here on Qobuz UK

1 Like

I like her even more than I like her music.
A true artist if ever there was one.

Tragic loss…so talented…troubled…wish she could have gotten the help she needed. Really grew to appreciate her music over time and recall seeing her on tour in Austin in a small venue on the UT Campus around 2014 in support of her new album at that time—and her voice just blew me away. She will be missed.

1 Like

I have this but with cover

2 Likes