ROCK - installing codecs (unclear instructions)

SMB://ipaddress you may have to enter some faux credentials try guest guest

BTW i did try that ages ago. Its one of the things that convinced me a restart was in order. I hate when software simply works wrong. But that was it :frowning:

Thanks.

For those playing along at home, 2nd SSD installed. great surprise: no drama - Roon just saw it. Shared that via SMB, copied my music directory over, 38 minutes later, done.

Added ~15 internet radio stations.

next, Tidal trial and likely subscription.

So basically, its all working happily.

@support: would you like some line-by-line comments and explicit clarification that you could incorporate into your ROCK setup/install documentation? I won’t do it for my health, but I would take a shot at it.

absolutely, ill take it!

I have been running Roon without any issues for some time and love the product, but I would also recommend that the confusing instructions for locating and installing Codecs be significantly improved. I am fairly computer savvy having worked in IT for most of my life and in the habit of building my own PCs whenever I feel the need to upgrade.

I had absolutely no issues or problems assembling a NUC and installing Roon Rock. However, I found the references and instructions for finding an appropriate set of Codecs to be confusing if not downright misleading. Luckily, other forum members were able to help me otherwise I would have wasted a lot of time.

I am sure that better instructions would help many new Roon adopters.

You can try mine which I made when ROCK debuted. I’ve given out to other forums users before. The above is the drop box link.

As such, the hardware list needs to be updated and I never included the “Migrate to ROCK” section.

I’ll put some stuff together on both ROCK/NUC and codecs.

G

1 Like

Hmm, never had a problem/confusion installing ROCK or the codec.

Don’t understand the tempest, but for those who do, it’s hard to argue against clarity.

I’m with you @xxx but the user base is growing fast, and any help to clear things up for new comers can only be a good thing :wink:

3 Likes