ROCK not able to do convolution?

hi @support - any updates here?

Hello @Peter_van_Rensburg,

Weā€™re still investigating things on our end. Weā€™ve reached out to RME and they provided us some guidance on the technical hurdles involved here. I hope to have more news soon!

-John

1 Like

RME recently released a firmware which implemented full USB Audio Class 2.0 support. I canā€™t say with certainty if this will effect the behavior you are seeing, but I would be interested to know if you notice any changes. Hereā€™s the link to the firmware

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27280

-John

Thanks @john - Iā€™ve updated the firmware.

Unfortunately there has been no change, it still fails with the same error when trying playback with convolution enabled.
With convolution disabled itā€™s still playing at 0dBFS on channels 5/6/7/8.

hi @john - any news on this front?

hi @support @john @brian - itā€™s been 21 days without an update and about 2 months since the issue was reported with no resolution - could you update here please?

Hi @Peter_van_Rensburg,

My apologies for the lack of response above. You should not have had to ping us three times to get some attention. Thanks for flagging me down.

I need to check with the support team to see where this issue stands. I remember having a discussion with about it back when you originally reported the problem.

Iā€™m sure that part of the issue is that we donā€™t have much access to pro-style hardware like thisā€“most of our hardware partners are in the hifi/audiophile space. Pro hardware does some things differently, and I suspect that Roon has never been exercised in quite this way on hardware like this on Linux before.

We are in the process of getting a hardware unit sent over from RME so that we can debug this locally. Requests like this can take some time, especially during the summer when people are on vacation. I think we will be able to look at this again once the hardware shows up. I donā€™t see any reason why we wouldnā€™t be able to solve this once the problem is sitting reproducible in front of an engineer.

thanks much @brian - great to hear RME is supportive. MC@RME is pretty active in their forums too.

very much loving Roon and the convolution support!

hi @john @support - any news here?

We are still investigating and working on this issue, so I do not have a timeline or estimate on when you can expect a fix just yet. When it comes to the audio stack, we need to ensure that changes are made with surgical precision and extensively tested in order to ensure that we are not breaking compatibility with other usersā€™ devices.

-John

Hi @john @brian - noticed my Roon subscription just recently renewed, so thought Iā€™d check in here. Itā€™s been 6 months nowā€¦ are there any updates?

Thanks
Peter

@support ?

I would like to sincerely thank you for your patience while we get this issue sorted out. Itā€™s certainly taken longer than we would have hoped for a multitude of reasons. I can happily say that we have the RME hardware in house and a fix is being actively investigated and worked on. I cannot yet commit to a timeline, but there has been significant progress made in the area and we hope to have good news to share soon.

-John