@mjw , widely reported when the One was initially sent for reviewer testing. I’m amazed Roon doesn’t tell you what’s inside the One and Titan…?
Many people that know far more than me rate the 4-core Celeron as being quite capable.
@mjw , widely reported when the One was initially sent for reviewer testing. I’m amazed Roon doesn’t tell you what’s inside the One and Titan…?
Many people that know far more than me rate the 4-core Celeron as being quite capable.
Old thread, old post, yet still no definitive response. Whether or not an N100 – I have my doubts about a processor with 16 GB max RAM and performancd below an 8th generation i3 – I’m not concerned since I have no need to replace my core.
Nope, not at all.
I run Rock/Mock on an N100 mini pc with passive cooling, 8gb ram and a 128gb SSD. I have 7 endpoints and stream a variety of formats including DSD 512 to them, usually up to 3 endpoints simultaneously. It’s hardwired to my router with ethernet but the endpoints are all on WiFi. My library sits on an Innuos Zen Mini MK3 (25000+ tracks)
The N100 is more than capable of meeting these requirements. It’s on a par with an 8th gen mobile i5 and it makes perfect sense for Roon to use it in the Nucleus One due to its 6w TDP.