Rock on non NUC and multiple internal HDDs

I currently have Roon Core on a linux machine with 4 internal 4GB HDD as my library is over 14GB.

Accepting of course there is also ROCKs system HDD / SSD, which doesn’t allow library storage.

My current motherboard is a Gigabyte H310M with 500GB M2 SSD for system drive and 4 internal drives connected by SATA3.

My question is if I migrate to ROCK can I use multiple internal HDDs, or will it only allow 1 internal HDD for library use.

I don’t have the answer to your question, but I’m curious why you want to install ROCK? I’m presuming your Roon Core works with your current Linux system. I doubt if there’s a performance improvement to be had and you take a risk trying to run ROCK on a non-supported system. It’ll probably work, but you’ll get little support from Roon if it doesn’t or if something goes wrong.

We are probably talking about 14TB not 14GB?

The question is what you are expecting from such a system? If you mainly want to run roon on a ROCK, you could leave music files on your Linux machine and create an access for the ROCK via network.

If I had a library of 14TB (and I have some TB more than that) running on probably outdated 4TB magnetic discs, I would be more concerned about reliability and redundancy in case one drive fails. So moving the collection to a NAS with RAID1, mirroring and automated backups would appear to be a safer solution than moving to a ROCK machine. Depending on the size of your library in terms of tracks, you might even want to choose a NAS which is powerful enough to run roon locally (there are some very nice semi-pro QNAPs for that particular case).

Not supported

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/second-internal-storage-internalstorage-2-files-didn-t-imported-by-roonos-build-256/229229/6

Yes it’s 14 TB.

My current setup is Roon Core runs on a linux Debian machine and a Mac Mini as end point running Roon Bridge. My initial idea was to combine these into one simple device, simple meaning low maintenance.

My library hasn’t change in years, but I keep a copy on another set of disks in case of disk failure. I do listen to Tidal but don’t buy albums. The four 4 TB disks are all 2.5" due to space limitation in the fanless case.

Now that I learn’t more about ROCK and the NUC platform (I wasn’t previously aware of the 1 internal disk limitation). I think ROCK is not for me.

I’ll look at the big NAS running Roon Core option, but budget is limited.

Thanks for your replies.