Rock on NUC - can't see storage anymore

Hi - I have a NUC7i7BHN with ROCK installed and an external USB harddrive connected.

Suddenly, last week the music on the harddrive didn’t show up anymore. Playback from Tidal works.
I then looked into the storage settings but it could not find the drive.
I have tested connecting the external harddrive to my pc, it can be found and all the music is there.
I have tried reinstalling ROCK, still no luck.

This is how it looks when I want to add a storage folder.

Any idea to what could have happened?
Maybe it need to be fixed from the NUC Bios?

Looking forward to getting some help.
Please note, that I will not be near the system before Friday again, where I can try/test suggestions.

(Mr Fix It ) #2

Assuming you have shut it all down and powered up again?

Correct.

I will now try to enter the BIOS settings to see if I can find something in there

(Peter Hocking) #4

I am having the same issue, restarting the Roon server software from the ROCK web interface does not fix it, the ROCK server has to be rebooted.

(Daniel Beyer) #5

Yep, sometimes USBs can get into a degraded state that requires a hard power down and then up again.

(Peter Hocking) #6

Unfortunately my storage is not on a USB hard drive, mine is on a NAS.

(Gary Proudfoot) #7

Yes I had the same issue. I had to power down the nuc ( which usually runs 24/7) then when I powered it back up the external usb had disappeared, I unpugged the cable plugged it back in and it came back

(Daniel Beyer) #8

Sorry, since all the posts in the thread mention USB attached storage, I just assumed when you said you were “having the same issue” that you were using same hardware.

If your situation is different, and it would be if you were using a NAS instead of USB, then the cause of your issue would also be different. I suggest making a support ticket detailing your hardware and symptoms to see if things can get resolved. But, generally speaking, if your storage is a NAS and you are losing the locations until a Roon Core reboot, that indicates to me a flakiness in the network or the machine of the Roon Core.