ROCK on x86 MacBookPro?

Anyone have success on running ROCK on an x86 MacBookPro? I’ve been using a MBP as a core for a while now but it’s just not stable on MacOS (latest issue here: RoonCore on Fresh MacOS (Monterey) Wipes Out Playlists, Again), and before I go back to running Linux on the MBP I thought I’d check on using ROCK. I believe I saw post either here or on Reddit where someone was running ROCK on a Mac, but no luck trying it for me. After installing ROCK via USB and rebooting I get an error that the MBP can’t find a startup disk. I installed ROCK on the internal 1TB SSD but something isn’t quite working with boot loader.

Anyone have any success? The last post I found about it was >5yrs ago so curious if anything has changed.

mac cant find the boot loader but can try with option key held down…Oh and Ethernet might not work either… I used on an older macmini not a MBP

you dont say the age of the MBP…sometimes older machines just are not up to it

No luck on Option booting; it only wanted to do an internet recovery. It’s a 2017 4-core i7-7567U CPU @ 3.50GHz and runs RoonCore just fine on other OS’s.

But good point on Ethernet; I do have to use an after-market dongle to get decent speeds so drivers might be an issue. I’ll re-test down the road; now running Linux Mint on it for a while and so far it’s been great.