thank you for all support received. Direct acknowledge of help received to

@Suedkiez
@Rugby
@sneakmasterG
@Sean_O
@Geoff_Coupe
@David_Snyder

but life still goes on

I am a huge fan of power saving and I have already managed the WOL setting so I can turn it on from home (easy) and outside home (not that easy, but done)

Next Move : turn it off when not using it outside my network. To do this I think the best is to access ROCK local page and simply turn it down.

Is there any user able to help me with configuration of port forwarding with the router?

I have fixed internal IP local and I have fixed public IP but I have not success for allowing outside access

Help will be welcome

1 Like

Are we talking about ARC or the shutdown thing? If ARC, what is the status message in the Roon app > Settings > Roon ARC?

What is your ISP and do you have one or two routers (one router and an ISP modem)? Models?

You can issue a few commands to ROCK directly via http:

and call these from scripts using

curl URL

Your safest bet would be to run these on a machine on your (local) network and access them over SSH.

1 Like

Sorry if not clear.

To shutting down ROCK when stop using it being out of my local network (it means using ARC as playerxor course)
This
I can manage to turn it on from outside my network (by WOL) but the only option I manage for shutting down is by a port forwarding rule.

Just keep in mind, that when you turn ON RoonServer it will go through maintenance which includes a full re-scan of your library. Not a big deal if you don’t have a large local library, but, if you do then it might cause playback issues maintenance is done.

1 Like

I see. In this case, I think @RBM has you covered

Short. For the moment, at least

I do not consider to keep NUC 24/7 working. Is not a environmental good idea.

Sorry how I can trigger http://rock.local/1/poweroff from outside my network?

I will search info
I have a NAS working 24/7 (which does not support Rock)

As per the few reading I have done I need a machine on my network for running this instructions by SSH, right?

I turn my NUC/ROCK every night (more often if we get scheduled power cuts) , it takes about 2 mins to load , I always assumed that was loading the library into RAM. (around 140k tracks - sounds right)

It doesn’t as far as I am aware rescan anything , its up and running far too quickly for that and the “Red Circle - I am loading” doesn’t show Top RHS

Whilst I don’t like it, it is shut down by pulling the plug , and restarted on “Auto Restart on mains return” within the NUC BIOS.

sorry, little help needed for doing this :slight_smile:

as far as I have understood I may use my NAS (24/7 working) for doing this action ?

can you guide me, or send me any related post for such action?

many thanks in advance

It’s not entirely straightforward if you haven’t done it before. You’d need to open the SSH port on the router and run an SSH server. The NAS may be able to do this, if you keep it up to date with security updates. Else a Linux server. To make it secure, you’d have to configure SSH to allow log-ins only with public key-based authentication (using public and private key pairs).

“Easy” if you are used to it, but takes some reading if you have no idea. Maybe @RPM has a recipe, as he brought it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello

All this instructions works flawless

I have already made some scripts to wake on lan as a task from NAS my PC’s (and ROCK, too) so I have made this line to shutdown by demand:

#!/bin/bash

curl -X POST http://rock.local/1/poweroff

can you check why is not working :frowning: ? Thank you in advance

1 Like

I made it work!! Changing rock.local for my internal IP address 192.168.1.xxx

and now… (drum suite on!)

I can access to my Synology NAS, and then enter on Task Scheduler, I choose the one I need (by name) and execute.

It is working :slight_smile:

But, after reading a lot I have understood (?) I can manage like a 1-line sentence on a web-broser that triggers my existing tasks

Can anyone provide light on this? Many thanks