rooADI - Device Volume Control for RME ADI-2 family DACs

Not yet as I didn‘t kow about it since your post. I‘ll put it on my list for further research and fixing.

Best DrCWO

I recently purchased the lifetime rooADI license, installed the rooExtend image on a Pi4 and can now successfully control my ADI-2 FS Pro volume. I would like to be able to ssh into DietPi to enable some additional features that I have been successfully using under DietPi for years. What is the ssh login and password for rooExtend? I unsuccessfully tried
user: rooExtend
pass: 1234567890

No free trial?

As it is straight forward stable technology without any possible reason to fail I don‘t offer a free trial.

Best DrCWO

Hi Doc! RooAdi won‘t work with a Rasberry Pi 3 Model B+ 1GB RAM? Thanks!

Should work :grinning:

1 Like

Doc, 1 more question: I am using the ADi2 Pro for a 2.2 setup. Will rooAdi also work with „linked volume“ - Outputs 1/2 and 3/4 simultaneously?
Thanks! Mark

You will have four options.

• 1/2 and 3/4 same volume
  • keep difference constant between 1/2 and 3/4
  • control 1/2 only
  • control 3/4 only
    All this can be done in the settings of rooADI.

I also run 2x2 with an ADI-2/4 Pro using its phono stage with rooPlay for my turntable. At the link below you can see more about my system. In between I swapped the Krell against a NCx500 amp which sound much more transparent.

Best DrCWO

Awesome. That‘s my usecase without Phono. I am using Audiolense for generating filters. And you did activate loudness as well in that setup via the Adi Pro right? Are you using the same loudness settings for woofers and horns?
Anyways, great stuff, will check it out!

I just bought this but it doesnt work in my setup. Does the pi need to be connected to the dac directily? I use a different pc to connect to my DAC as it gives me more options to connect such as Airplay, which RooEtend does not do. I thought this would work like other extensions over the network but If it requires pi connected to DAC then it is off no use to me. Any way to get a refund? @DrCWO

It does need to connect directly.

Depending on how you use Airplay you might want to try rooPlay. Since this streams via roon it works better in my setup (auto zone start, volume controls, automation etc all work).

You can specify the zone you want it to default to.

Downside is the 10s delay - so would be useless for movies!

No I don’t want rooplay I use this pc not just for Roon it uses bridge already for Roon but I use Spotify Connect and Airply to send my macs audio via it for other stuff and mpd as a backup for UPnP and it also works for Plex.

I wish these extensions were available outside of a locked system as its just too limiting. You can still monetise it using extension manage if it needs a license to function.

1 Like

Yes, I enabled it not so long ago in my setup and the output is nicer at low values. And yes, same Loudness settings for 1/2 and 3/4.

Best DrCWO

Yes as the ADI remote control uses a special Midi protocol over USB. So connect your RME ADI DAC to the Pi or the rooExtendBox, enable the RAAT streamer in rooExtend and go. This is exactly the way I use it.

Best DrCWO

1 Like

On which platform does it work?
Ios
Macos
Windows
???

Ronny it runs either on a Raspberry Pi 4 or a custom SBC that is sold as a a complete finished product.
I have 2 Pi’s running RooExtend, RooNuimo and RooPlay

1 Like

Please visit the Website of rooExtend for more information.
If you click rooADI you hopefully learn all you need to know.

For further questions please get back to me here.

Best DrCWO

Haha, thats why i am asking here

So it does not work with iOS

Using iPAD-ROCK-Ropieee

No, it only works on a raspberry pi and his own RooExtend distro which needs to be connected to the dac. I made this mistake last week as I thought I could but I can’t use it in my setup as I use a different os connected to the dac.

I recall last year there was an issue with Surface Dial with roo

Has this been resolved? very reliable now ?