RooExtend... not great so far

Hey all,

I am a frequent lurker of Roon Labs forums. I don’t post much.

I love Roon have been a lifetime subscriber for many years and recently read some recent reviews about RooExtend. It sounded like a nice addition to my Roon setup so I took the plunge and gave them my money!

Nearly a month has passed and the device has not arrived from Germany. My interactions with the seller is leading me to believe that it is not going to arrive…EVER. As far as I can tell, it never left Germany and now I am getting the run around with seller with a bunch of excuses all of which exclude any responsibility on their part.

My only experience with RooExtend but at this point I seriously regret ordering this! It MIGHT be a great device but this has not been a great experience so far.

Mark

1 Like

This should be addressed to @DrCWO

Hello @MvB,
sales is done by ATR - Audiotrade. In the past they sent a bit more than one houndred of those rooExtend-Boxes and all arrived until now.

I will contact sales and see what we can do for you.

This is absolutely not the way it should be and I appreciate for this.

Please stay tuned And I will get back to you at beginning of next week.

Best DrCWO.

I sent you an e-mail, please check.

Best DrCWO

1 Like

Thank you DrCWO for quickly getting involved! It speaks volumes as to your willingness to support the product you have created.

As you pointed out the sales of the RooExtend product is from a separate company ATR - Audiotrade, but you have been very willing to be personally involved and help resolve the issue.

Hopefully within the next week there will be a clear path to this being resolved.

3 Likes

Just an update on this…

There were some shipping issues and after 6 weeks the RooExtend finally made it to me.

Set up was straight forward and simple. I was up and running in less than 15 minutes!

The software automatically updated overnight and everything is working great with the latest software!

I am very happy with the product (as I expected I would be) with RooExtend. This is a high quality made product. Fit and finish is very nice. It adds some really nice high end features to Roon. Roon Play is the missing link to playing CD and other sources with Roon. I have mine connected to a SONOS Port so I can get SiriusXM stations into Roon (a missing feature of Roon IMO). RooAIDJ is pretty cool too. I am not sure how much I will actually use it but it is fun to “Chat to Play” music.

Lastly, DrCWO’s support was impeccable. He personally involved himself in solving my shipping issue and then went above and beyond (without me asking) to make sure I was happy. Kudos to DrCWO. He is a stand up guy and he really stands behind what he is selling (although he is not selling it directly).

So while my initial experience with RooExtend was not great…and I wish the delivery time had been much quicker, in the end I am satisfied with my purchase and with DrCWO’s support.

3 Likes