rooExtend โ€“ The easy start with Roon Extensions

We finally made it: rooWatch is out :smiley: :+1: :smiley: :champagne: :firecracker: :sparkles: :tada: :gift:

If you start with a new product idea you often see the big use of it but suppress the thought of the huge amount of work associated with it.

Our idea was to have a native Apple Watch App with Siri support to control Roon.

Me and @Klaus_Engel worked on it since two month now where most of the work was done by Klaus for the native Apple Watch App. Thank you for this Klaus!

rooWatch is integrated in the rooExtend Roon Extension SD-Card image (v2.2.0) as the rooWatch App on the watch communicates with a server hosted by rooExtend. This means you need a Raspberry Pi to make it run.

As new Raspberry devices are not easy to get in these times, I decided to also support elder Raspberry models now. In the Quick Installation Guide I have included a sheet to show which Raspberry device can be used for which Roon Extension.

rooWatch on the Raspberry will support more than one watch in your WiFi at the same time. This means multiple persons can control multiple zones with their Apple Watch.

Supporting you and rooWatch I opened a new topic here:

Best of all: I added an unexpensive Test-License for seven days to give you an idea (for few $) how easy it is to control Roon with rooWatch.

More information and all necessary links and videos for installing rooWatch you can find on my website https://rooExtend.com

Best DrCWO

4 Likes