Another maintenance release of Roon is now live! Today’s release includes fixes and improvements in a number of areas, most notably addressing some issues on OSX and iOS.
Recent storage issues on OSX Sierra have now been resolved, as have resolution issues on iPhone 7, 7 Plus, and SE (pending App Store approval). We’ve also optimized and further stabilized RAAT, and fixed a number of display and playback bugs listed below.
This build also includes a major rewrite of our font rendering subsystem, allowing Roon to use the same fonts on all platforms. Text should look better and more consistent than before, particularly on retina displays.
As mentioned recently in our post about server side metadata improvements, this build also includes iconography to help distinguish between explicit and edited TIDAL content, now that server-side improvements have exposed these additional album editions.
The Team at Roon Labs
Roon 1.2 (Build 161) Release Notes
Roon Build 161 is now live for OSX, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available upon approval.
Roon Bridge 1.0 (Build 38) is also live for Windows, OSX, and Linux.
All platforms and apps should update automatically
Changes and Bug Fixes In Roon Build 161:
- Major changes to font rendering engine that should improve the appearance/quality of fonts and also the handling of non-western languages.
- Fix issues accessing network storage on Mac OS X Sierra
- Resolution issues on the new iPhones should be resolved
- Better handling of Explicit TIDAL content
- RAAT optimizations and stability fixes
- Fixes for some AAC playback issues on Linux
- Changes to how “explicit” albums are treated during TIDAL browsing (dependent on server-side changes not yet released)
- Fixed display bugs in radio section when loop is on
- Fixed incorrect title on “View All Production” page
- Fixed broken play behavior for Playlists on mobile apps
- Added missing “View All Main Albums” link on TIDAL artist details page
- Fixed edit playlist popup for phone UI
- Fixed display bugs in metadata preferences UI
- Better editing of for track import date
- Fixed broken links when having trouble connecting to the core
- Fix for plays of TIDAL tracks not being recorded in history sometimes
- Formatting improvements on Work Details page
- Fixed issue with applying “last name first” sections when sorting track browser
- Fixed overlap in screen titles when album/artist names are very long
- Fixed display bug on mobile zone picker on narrower screens
- Fixed cosmetic issues with ganged volume control
- Fix compatibility issues with very large AIFF files
- Roon Ready support for Auralic ALTAIR and dCS products.