Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities

My best wishes for next version of Roon to be able to reshuffle the current playing list as we want (all the list or only part of it).

Jriver is the best example see screenshot

Thanks in advance

When will roon 1.3 come? Any dates? I know dates are not pronounced but wanted to give it a shot

First quarter 2017.

Actually I emphasize: Figure 5 is completely misleading - no recording is done that way these days. Q18 is also a lot of mumbling without saying anything concreteā€¦

ā€œHowever in some cases mixed ADCs are used and the optimum solution depends on their similarity or otherwise. In any case our encoder can perform analysis of the composite mix and this is the best approach when there is not enough information and it tends to get extremely good answers. We have several practical examples of recovering resolution with mixed ADCs. Ultimately in the studio the mastering or recording engineer will use his judgement.ā€

Huh???

Hey All,

Letā€™s keep this thread on topic.

If you want to discuss MQA, I suggest posting here:

Thanks,
Greg

4 Likes

My best wishes for next version of Roon to be able to reshuffle the current playing list as we want (all the list or only part of it).

Toggling shuffle off and on again reshuffles the Queue.

Or in one of the 32 other MQA topicsā€¦ :smiley:

5 Likes

This is still not an acceptable way to shuffle albums for classical music. Shuffling by album seems to be the only sensible approach.

Point tak[quote=ā€œGreg, post:366, topic:9534ā€]
Letā€™s keep this thread on topic.

If you want to discuss MQA
[/quote]

Point taken, sorry. Started off by asking where decoding/transcoding happens but like always with MQA we veered into a ditch.

2 Likes

Iā€™m Dutch as well and have absolutely no interest whatsoever in a dutch translation. English is perfectly fine.

I do NOT want to see 1.3 held up to enable MQA streaming. Let that come later and deliver 1.3 earlier.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s sad.

See what I did there? Now youā€™ll be happy if they deliver by the end of the month. :grinning:

2 Likes

No dates but nice shot :grinning:

I think the DAR article cites Enno as saying by the end of January. As always, public release is subject to testing.

The problem is that there are no more bug fixes for 1.2 and the TIDAL login issue for Linux users remains problematic. I just want a working TiDAL integration.

Iā€™m logging in every day hoping to see the 1.3 announcement.

My new top priority is simply that it is released :slight_smile:

SJB

3 Likes

That certainly makes 1.3 not come fast enough. If they arenā€™t fixing a known 1.2 bug in 1.2, you can assume they feel they are close enough with 1.3.

The Top Priority is MQA.
This now seems to be the Holy Grail of Music Streaming and future DRM.
I think we should happily wait untill spring for a 1.3 version that includes MQA.

No, I disagree.

1 Like

or maybe until summer:relaxed: