Roon 1.3 - Updating PCs used as Control system

I’ve updated my core and my iPad that I use as a remote but I’m having an issue updating 2 Windows PC’s that I also use as remotes. I’m getting a message that the PC needs an update but when I click on the link for “Check for an update” nothing happens. Should the update happen from within the app or do I just need to download the PC installer file and reinstall?

Same issue for me with Surface Pro

Glad to hear I’m not the only one seeing this.

Do the download from roon labs and install that way…I had the same issue on both mac and pc remotes

same problem for me with a Macbook…have tried downloading to Macbook from Roonlabs but that version wont open…updating on MacMini Core was OK as soon as I got the update prompt in the app, although the updating process was mysterious until complete

You’re seeing a bug in the update process of 1.2. We fixed so next time we release an incompatible update it won’t cause a problem, but of course, that doesn’t help you because the remotes aren’t updated yet.

The fastest way out of this situation is to just re-install from https://roonlabs.com/downloads.html on your remotes. There should be no damage done. It will just replace the app, won’t touch your data.