Roon 1.4 Feedback

I positively hate the new volume control. No more direct drop, I need to pick the endpoint and drag it back fysically. Either that or use the +/- with very small incfements. Calls for more secure mouse navigating and with my RSI that is a bad thing. I just want to select a point somewhere on the line directly.

congratulation and thanks. what i dont like is the new volume control.i would like to see the volume number instead just the speaker symbol as now. also i love the old control better instead of the glider. How i can search inside my library for MQA tracks ? Now all my tags are disappeared on my macbook core, i only have them8how long) on my ipad what didnt get upgraded. How i can get back my tagged music ?

1 Like

The new Radio algorithm is very welcome but I wonder if there’s been any sprucing up of shuffle behaviour in playlists? I ask Roon most days to shuffle its way through extremely large playlists. But no matter how big the playlist Roon would often visit and then revisit the same tracks. Over and over again. And again.

Now it’s early days but I’ve released those tracks that that were banished with the tag of shame ‘Temporarily Over It’ back into the stream and so far the Roon experience feels bright, shiny and fresh.

So, if this is not a coincidence, then, again, thank you!

Its very clear that Roon spent alot of time of time improving the radio feature.

Very well done Roon.

1 Like

The more I use it, the more I love it. Sitting on the veranda of my condo in Brasil right now overlooking the ocean with my Westone in-ears plugged into the DragonFly Red DAC running off my iPad. The sun’s going down, it’s a warm night, and Ry Cooder fits the mood nicely. Thanks, again, Roon.

5 Likes

There has been mention of bigger mobile plans. Probably a long ways out though.

Hi,
It’s not a coincidence… shuffle uses the new improved radio algorithm as well.
Enjoy.

5 Likes

Great update overall guys! Lots amazing new features. One caveat… my watched folder is sitting on my Synology 218+ NAS. Roon core is sitting on my Mac Mini. With the 1.3 version of Roon new music would appear as soon as it was added to the watched folder. Now I have to restart Roon to get it to appear. This has happened with my two most recent music additions. Anyone else noticing this behavior? Next time if I think of it I’ll do a force rescan of the watched folder and see what happens.

A force rescan doesn’t work either?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Native DSD to PCM; Roon 1.4 [Fix incoming]

I didn’t think to force rescan. Never had to do it before, so wasn’t top of mind. Next time I will try it, but in the meantime wondering if this is an issue anyone else has encountered.

I’d like to here Danny respond to this question on SQ with SB vs RAAT.

Good job Roon. Like the new features. Always looking forward to what’s next.

Thats fine with me but at least we should be able to pick from a list of peq presets. A list isnt that difficult to display. I saved a preset for all my headphones. And it makes a lot of sense to use them with my iPhone. Again, i dont need to see the peq, just a list of presets.

2 Likes

There were some generalized optimizations for RAAT in this build. No changes for the squeezebox family.

We received some Schiit hardware recently. As soon as our QA team assembles up a clear bug report, developers over here will be looking into it and working with Schiit to resolve (@support).

No, but things were not resolved in time for 1.4.

I am not aware of any changes made in this area. NAS’s have always been very hit-or-miss in terms of delivering change notifications when files are added. Roon works correctly when they arrive, as far as I know. (@ben, in case you have more input)

Understood and agreed. This is on the roadmap.

5 Likes

I have the same feeling, without the beers (playback through PS Audio Direct Stream DAC). Since it was already bit perfect, is it possible that it has actually improved? Reduced jitter maybe?

1 Like

Yes I totally agree, this is really annoying.
Roon @danny is it possible that you can fix this in the future.

And there used to be a shortcut for AUDIO settings via the zone picker. Now if I have to go to the audio settings I have to go to the right pane and open settings. I was so used to that shortcut, now it is gone.

can you put a shortcut to SETTINGS in the new zone selection pop up

1 Like

I get that but I think that it is such an edge case that I can’t see it happening. In reality you are asking a generic system to be enhanced to replace a gamut of human sense decisions and balances for a small core of people who have lots of multiple different versions of tracks and who care about which one gets played. I know a lot of people on this forum have been involved in software decisions and this case would drop off the end of any persona and scenario session.
When the AI and web components kick in in roon vXX then you have a chance but up to then whatever roon delivered wouldn’t be right as you need incredible specificity.
I’m part of the use case myself I’ve got loads of different versions of some albums because I’m a sucker :slight_smile: but if I want to hear a specific version I go find it and play it - if I can remember which one I like best, that’s another story.
This isn’t an attempt at having a dig, just having been in computers or 30+ years ranking and winnowing of use cases becomes inbuilt.