Roon 1.4 Feedback

Xekomi…you’ve a future as a bug eradicator…props on the attention to detail

For the Roon crew…bravo on 1.4…love the polish you keep applying…

If there were wishes …they are on the partner level…and well known…and requested…the French should join your party (Qobuz)…at some point your growth should get their attention…and they realise what a class act you are to partner with. …//me thinks win/win…// .but alas seems the Q still thinks you are a competitor…(IMNSHO…daft…really daft)

Regardless…

A sincere thank you for bringing elegance and ease to the exploration of music.

Really well done!

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

I have a couple of Hifiberry DACs/Raspberry Pis that are directly connected to amplifiers and my Buffalo3 DAC is directly connected to an Ncore amp. There is no intermediate preamp/analog volume control for these zones - the volume control is all digital and is handled by the DAC (which I’m assuming, maybe incorrectly, that the Roon client is properly interfacing with). I wouldn’t ever want any of these zones to play at 100% volume. But I realize that I may be a special case here.

This is a heck of an update. A lot of really nice things here.
One of my endpoints are Kef LS50W speakers and another are stereo paired Sonos ones. is it possible to group these?

Afraid not. The KEF integration cannot be grouped even with other KEF zones. Sonos zones can only be grouped with themselves.

You could feed each of the KEF and Sonos devices with a RAAT endpoint that can be grouped.

Thanks thats about what I thought.

I just discovered the “jump to now playing” feature, which is very clever and very handy when browsing big queues :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I was very pro nondestructive queue but I am not sure if was implemented in the manner I was hoping . Am I missing something since I cannot find a way to easily delete all or most of the “played” tracks in my queue. I was hoping for something similar to Sooloos where I have the option to “Remove Played” or easily Highlight several tracks and “Remove Selected”.

Not going to debate if it is easy or not.

1. To delete a couple of played tracks, scroll up, right click them, click on 3 button menu select remove from queue
  2. To clear all previously played, scroll up right click on 1 track. In the top line where it says 1 selected, click on the drop down and select All Played, then use the three button menu and select remove from queue.
3 Likes

Hey James,

Right click (or long press) a track in the queue and then click on the 1 selected dropdown.

Cheers, Greg

2 Likes

Yep that will do it. It will take some time to get that to be second nature. Thanks!!

If you’re not fussed about keeping upcoming, then you can also clear Played by clicking “Clear Upcoming” twice. It will toggle to “Clear All”

1 Like

Roon 1.4 works well and sounds good. 2 minor issues

1. I can find dsp link when I click on the device next to volume on iPad but not on iPhone.
  2. Roon core will show some but not all iOS devices actively connected while they are playing. Discovered this when trying to setup crossfeed for iPad connection in sons room
  3. Is there any way of making roon an output device on a Mac soooo anything that plays goes through roon? It would side step one of the often discussed “missing” services. Just a thought …
  1. DSP is not implemented in iPhone app, but there are requests to permit presets.
  2. iOS devices are private zones by default, change in Device Settings if you want to see them as Zones from other Controls.
  3. No, not at present. Just local library, Tidal and Internet Radio.

Thank you. Surprised you replied so quickly

Happy new year !

I’m missing the opportunity to go to settings directly from audio zone.

I hope that nice shortcut can be back in next release.

1 Like

I definitely noticed the same thing and haven’t found a sensible way to do what you described. This was a common used feature for me as well.

Maybe it could be returned in a future update? @support

1 Like

Happy New Year Forum,

I would agree the UI is undergoing onesy-twosy changes. I’m sure the developers are having fun. Seriously you some apple like navigation standardization. Even most webpages today have gone to the hamburger stack for some level of navigation standardization.

No one will ever agree on a UI that’s where standardization replaces the graphic artist/developer to constantly make changes that don’t follow a top down design .

As you move forward don’t forget to focus on sound improvements.

11 posts were split to a new topic: Sound Improvements - Roon EQ and Convolution

Being a multi zone user myself, I agree the ability to regroup zones on the fly in an intuitive manner could use more work. Not that this is the only way to do it, but in Logitech Media Server, “synchronize to…” and “unsynchoronize” made complete sense to me, and could be accomplished on the fly in a couple of clicks.

Unless I too am missing something, it’s not there yet.