With work underway on a number of exciting new features for the coming weeks and months, we’ve got some bug fixes tested and ready to go, so we’re shipping a maintenance release of Roon today for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
This release is rolling out now, and includes a handful of bug fixes and performance improvements, including a fix for distorted playback on Cores running older versions of ffmpeg.
The full list of bug fixes is below. Thanks all!
The Team at Roon Labs
Roon 1.5 (Build 339) Release Notes
Roon Build 339 is now rolling out for OSX, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available upon approval. There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time, nor is there one Roon on Android or iOS, which remain at Build 333.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements in Roon Build 339:
- Fix for distorted AAC playback on Linux Cores using older versions of ffmpeg
- Tidal AAC no longer decodes to 22.05 kHz on Linux Core
- Fixed low processing speeds when applying DSP to FLAC internet Radio
- Fixed UI memory leak
- Fixed bug causing MQA playback to fail when large numbers of zones are grouped
- Translation changes - Japanese, Korean, and Spanish added to “beta” list