Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

I am not going to pick these apart one by one–not enough hours in the day. Need to save some for actually getting people going on investigating/working on this.

We have always had text behind artist photos on the artist detail page. You and I are not going to agree about whether it’s OK to put UI elements over a background image…that is an aesthetic choice. We may continue with that in the future, or maybe we’ll change it next time we redesign the screen. Either way, there is no immediate action being taken about a UI decision that is four years old–it isn’t a bug, and it isn’t really on point in the 1.6 feedback thread. When we next redesign the artist page, we’ll take your ideas about that into account and maybe we’ll change (or maybe not).

The now playing page and search pages are in the process of being adjusted. I don’t think I am going to discuss those further until we are all looking at the same thing. Plus, we are working on this bug that was identified earlier.

It really helps when we can keep feedback factual and specific, without veering into things like telling us what is/isn’t easy, trying to dictate our priorities/release schedule, trying to diagnose the problem, dictating how it gets solved or what the performance metrics should be, when it should be done, etc. No-one outside of Roon Labs has the information to make informed decisions or proposals about that stuff, but having problems described clearly and specifically is really instrumental to getting stuff done.

11 Likes