Roon’s handling of 1.6 Feedback

You clearly read the prior posts, so you know you quoted me out of context. I laid out the chronology of these events very clearly. My posts may have been long, but they were detailed and quite clear. After Brian asked for the examples, he said that they were a result of a bug. I was gratified and delighted to hear that, because it meant that the results I was posting would presumably be corrected. I said just that.

That was until Brian said this:

That directly contradicted his statement that the results that several of us posted were a result of a bug, because for over a week prior that, a number examples were posted of text cutting directly across artist faces, and not in an artistic way. So when Brian said that it was a prior practice, I asked if the specific examples we posted were a result of the bug, or a deliberate design choice. Brian flatly refused to answer the question in a condescending response.

My own posts immediately after that could have been more diplomatically drafted, and I’d be the first to admit that there was fault on all sides.

However, when you and other software developers continue to say that the users of the software are not entitled to post our opinions on the aesthetics of the design, that is just plain silly.

Look back at the examples I posted of Stan Getz and Wayne Shorter. Are you actually prepare to defend those as aesthetically pleasing or correct? They flunk the laugh test when it comes to aesthetics.

I therefore have to assume that they are a result of the bug, because they are so ugly. They must be unintentional. But for whatever reason, the Roon management did not respond to that question then and never have subsequently done so for that matter.

I’d love to know how many software coders also earned masters degrees in design. You guys love to say that only software coders can pontificate on design, but knowing how to code does not give you any more expertise in design than any of the rest of us.

I tried. As an advanced photographer, it was pretty clear that about half of the problems in the Now Viewing page were due to the severe crop. I explained that when you crop a square image to fit only the upper half of a long rectangle, it is a severe crop by any definition, with the predictable results that we were still seeing. As for the assertion by management that new photos were being rolled out and that coupled with facial recognition, it would solve the problem, well, that is still not happening. I could post examples I found only today of headless torsos, but what is the point in doing so?

That was not the case two weeks ago. That gradually occurred when Roon did not respond to posts for nearly two weeks, and then refused to respond to simple questions. I can only say that your choice of words to criticize some of us would equally apply to some in senior management of Roon. But that is your choice of words, not mine.