Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

Thanks for all the great work gentlemen. Good job!

I have a question; is the offline feature of Qobuz (on pc/mac) implemented? If not, is it in the pipeline?

(edit: One of the key SP’s for me to switch to Qobuz over Tidal has been the more solid, for me, buffering; does the Roon implementation, offer similarly robust buffering?)

Cheers!

Quite a milestone release! Congratulations to all at Team Roon.

7 Likes

Very nice. Qobuz looks great! All my purchases , all my playlists are here.
Looks very good.
Great release. Thank you Team Roon.

6 Likes

Ooh, i like the way the HD bitrate and depth are indicated on quobuz albums :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a relaese!! Wow! Congrats to the whole team, this is above all expectation!

7 Likes

For the most part music label contracts with a streaming services do not allow them to sub-license offline mode to partners.

I’m not sure how to answer this question. Both services are distributing audio in essentially the same way from a technical perspective, so I can’t explain your subjective differences. Roon handles both the same in terms of buffering. Our buffering scheme is more aggressive than I would expect to find in either of their clients (on the flip side, it is also more demanding on weak internet connections, because we do more read-ahead…always a tradeoff).

1 Like

Search is immensely improved.

2 Likes

thanks Brian. Maybe it’s because Qobuz offers the visible buffering bar which is mentally reassuring, that I perceive better buffering with Qobuz :slight_smile:

Point taken about the offline feature. Internet connection’s getting better all the time, so it’s becoming less and less important anyhow. Was just wondering.

Cheers!

Agree, Search is great. I love the way search results via streamers or local content are integrated seamlessly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Search is infinitely better! Thank you very much!!

4 Likes

I have ROCK on a NUC. Do I need to upgrade for 1.6?

I can not find any info if ROCK is also upgraded.

The Roon version on a ROCK NUC will also automatically upgrade itself. You can also force it by going to Settings, and clicking the “About” link top right.

The ROCK OS itself has not been upgraded. ROCK OS releases have their own thread in the Software Release category:

A dissapointing release for me personally. No improvements for the classical listner. I never really understood the interest for the radio function. Why would I want to listen to randomized music.

I don`t think I will renew my subscription when it runs out in a month.

4 Likes

What a terrific integration effort, particularly as you enable both Tidal and Qobuz to exist side by side, turning what could have been a difficult competitive effort into the question of “why not keep both?” as someone else said, given what we spend on audio equipment, the costs of Roon, Tidal, Qobuz and HQ Player are cheap. Also love the updated Roon radio.
Congratulations to the whole team for an effort well done and for not pre-releasing the news until the product was ready – a rarity in today’s world.

14 Likes

I like the new DSP view. Looks far more interactive. I’m sure as I experiment more, more features will become visible. +1 Roon team.

6 Likes

No update available for iPad , cannot use Roon :worried:

Qobuz Integration

In My Qobuz - - Favorite Artists: Many Fotos are missing. The area is greyed out.
If there are no fotos available maybe you could put in pics of an album.
It is just a small cosmetical issue.

1 Like

Just updated mine. Click on that appstore pic.

1 Like

Ditto. Very well done. Congratulations. Very happy customer.
Love the Qobuz integration. Only missing the Grands Angles section (with the articles). Any plan to include it in the future @brian?
Can’t wait to get home tonight to play with Radio