Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

From the Software Release Notes:

After skipping a radio pick or pressing “thumbs down”, Roon Radio will ask users for additional feedback, which will help us tune the algorithm over time, as we learn which picks tend to be rejected, and which tracks aren’t appropriate because they’re skits, audience applause, intros, etc.

If you click the Thumbs Up, it will add it to the queue. You can build up the queue ahead of time and let it play with no further involvement, if you want.

You don’t have to click the Thumbs up/down, if you’re ok with the selections.

Cheers, Greg

Ummmmm how can I give it a thumbs up before I listen?

Other than that, everything seems good.

I did notice that if I have two Roon remotes showing the queue/etc and I select a thumbs up/down on one the symbols remain on the other interface. So I guess I can select a thumbs up on my tablet and a thumbs down on my phone.

Is this by design or should the choice go away on all interfaces once a selection is made?

You can give a thumbs up if you know the song (prior to play) whereupon another one will be added.

1 Like

From what I understand, you can click the Thumbs Up, to add the track(s) to the queue, and you will still have the ability to Thumbs Down the track while the track is playing.

This works whether you stay on the same remote or switch to another. So yes, you can Thumbs Up on one remote and Thumbs Down on another.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Ohh, that giant grey ledge, who invented that? Hardly any information in the grey wall…

A post was split to a new topic: Roon 1.6 crashing [Wine]

Using parametric eq on ipad is a pain. the gain freq and q sliders are taking up so much space and cant see the grağh while using the sliders

You need to be subscribed to one of the streaming services to take advantage of the new features. Otherwise it’s the same Radio that’s been in previous releases.

The problem with ‘modern design’ is that is becoming old fashioned in a ten times higher rate then functional timeless design. Besides most modern design is not about usabilty. I allways wondered if there are actually people that read architecture magazines. Never saw anyone doing it, I do see many people turning pages and praising who it looks. Offcoarse I want things to look good but there is a borderline for me when usabilty gets compromised.

Anyone remember this one? Must have been sold by millions because I saw them everywhere back in the day. Ever tried to use it on a daily basis? I guess no one did, it’s an ergonomic nightmare and it just stood there being pretty.

Another example of what once was the summum of modern design. Ever tried sitting in one for more then ten minutes. No one did, it was a piece of art resembling a chair only usefull to put unwanted guests on that you like to see leaving again as soon as possible.

(No this is not criticism on the current Roon UI, just an example of how design can get in the way of functionality)3

1 Like

Hello - There are many things I like in the new version. However:

Favorites - the Heart/Like button is still very buggy but now so hidden you can’t find it.
Why was it removed from the status bar?

This should be avail everywhere and should visually work (not if you hit the heart it updates the database but you won’t know it by looking at it)

Radio - would be nice if the thumbs Up/Down was also available while the song is playing. I may not know the answer until I hear it (if not familiar with the song)

Thank you

It is, but it’s not on the queue page. You have to get to the “Now Playing” page that is causing all the controversy. Wasn’t obvious to me, and many others I suspect. You can get there by clicking the little thumbnail in the footer. Probably other ways of getting there as well.

1 Like

Hi,

Waiting for changes to sink in before commenting further, but just wanted to attach what I feel would represent “three degrees of happiness” after reading a lot of feedback in this thread.

Thanks for all the hard work, as usual!

So… Mixed feelings about the 1.6 update, Man its slow first of all, I keep resetting my network and Qnap NAS thinking its that but after reading some other comments I realise that it must be the software Searching for albums now is very slow and I am getting TIDAL errors and artwork for TIDAL will not load.
The radio feature seems very good and its nice to have song lyrics in large type, but the old option of large album art has been removed and MUST be reinstated. We don’t need bio, artist pic or album review in that section of the screen. Just lyrics, or full size hi res album art. Perhaps a new option to customise what is in that section will please everyone. But ROON I am a lifetime subscriber, please speed up the software and get on with what we all want, THE ABILITY TO USE ROON OUTSIDE OF THE NETWORK AND SYNC ALBUMS AS CAN BE DONE WITH PLEX, which I currently have to use.

1 Like

What has that got to do with it?

1 Like

What’s going on here? I’m playing this album:

I clicked on the artwork to see a bigger version and I get this:

When I go to playing now, I get this:

Communications interruption. See other threads here.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve found the other thread.

Same problem here. Refreshing endlessly - no images. The Search engine is struggling and if I look for Maurice Ravel I get George Gershwin!

But Roon is adding two features I have long been waiting for: internet radio (unlike others I like to play the odd Linn Classical or Linn Jazz) as well as Qobuz, which finally allows me to ditch my Tidal subscription. I hope other streaming services will follow.

At the moment it’s slow, glitchy and unreliable. But I am sure things will improve. So all in all pleased with this development, even though it feels a bit like beta software at present.

Hi roonies!

in old versions of roon you can see the samplerates in the Settings wich the device is supporting. I had have the Hope that this good feature will come back… but it isn‘t😔

@eclectic or @John_V
Can you post a link to that thread please?I can’t find it…thanks