Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

I’m using it all the time on my TV and I prefer old version.

7 Likes

Michael -

The thing is for me the MQA is free, no additional charge. I signed up for 3 months for only 1.99 mo. Cant beat that! I am a WAV fan myself. I wish Qobuz offered WAV files. I would ten pay the difference.

Thanks for your help on this

Cheers,

Tom

Yep, that is what i’m seeing

I think you can do this: export your library to excel, take a month sub on soundiz and import the excel (csv).

Yeah — I listened to a few tracks, let it go to Radio, and the very first track was a great guy i hadn’t heard of and immediately added to the library.

Blimey, never wonder youve been quiet :joy:

1 Like

Search is great, I am listening live to a friend on BBC Radio Shefield, Lauren Housley. They played a Richard Thompson song, Why must I Plead. So I put it into search in Roon and it brought up, along with Lauren’s versions, Richard Thompson and I was able to add the original album to my library…
Magic, well done Roon.

3 Likes

In general I like the update. I agree with comments on the grey bottom bar, looks disconnected.

Another minor flaw I found in the Android app. Now playing is omitting the characte “s” (only lower case) from song as well as performer. Must be easy to fix.

Otherwise, compliments to the team!

I’m also really loving the new radio functionality - I’ve already found new artists to add to my library - thank you, Room team :grinning: Can’t wait for this to go mobile! Also like the changes to the DSP layout and preset management, in particular too presets available on mobiles.

I share some misgivings voiced elsewhere about the footer and now playing screens, also very slow performance of search functionality.

Edit: It’s not just search that’s slower, loading some albums, album listings and artists is painfully slow or times out with a network error at times (no obvious local network issues).

1 Like

Nice Job :+1:

Yes, grey doesn’t really look right, especially with the dark theme

3 Likes

Sorry, no idea what your problem could be.
Here my purchases are complete.
Roon keeps evolving in a very positive direction.

1 Like

I am also seeing some albums missing from Qobuz > My Qobuz > Album Purchases

1.6 looks great, and I may even experiment with the new parametric eq. Do wish someone had thought to include some sort of ETA for Qobuz availability for those of us not on the beta list (I signed up this am). Qobuz integration is likely a solid benefit, but not yet, at least for me.

I guess through running the service and their BI telling them what percentage use what feature. A few people out of a hundred thousand works out at hardly anyone.

Yes, I can do this. I am a Soundiiz subscriber. However, I have tried doing this and the size of the imports make soundiiz pretty much stall. I can break it up, but it’s a pain. I tried to do this to map all my local albums to TIDAL albums.

Given Roon has already identified the matches in versions, it is possible this would be an encapsulated library operation/script within Roon.

Having said this, I don’t think Roon keep a cache of all matches for all library items, but instead runs the match when you look at an album (hence the delay in showing you the versions tab). So this might be as taxing to Roon to do as it is to do it via Soundiiz.

Ah yes that is a pain, at the time I did it my library wasn’t that big.

Well, I’ve given it some thought and time, but there are times I like the new now playing screen as it seems… :wink:

2 Likes

Congrats on the new release, team! Your hard work deserves recognition.

My Qobuz trial has since ended, though I am hopeful of getting into the US beta sometime soon.

Not a radio user, so, I can’t comment on the new functionality there.

As far as the UI experience, I’d have to say that I am not at all a fan of the changes to “Now Playing.” I don’t want to belittle the effort, but, everything seems so chaotic & random, while the grey on black isn’t appealing to my eyes. Why on earth is the cover art so minuscule next to the artist/track name when there is so much dead space?:man_shrugging:

All of these alterations, and it still takes three clicks to open a local file location. I know you can’t please everyone, try as you might, but, I’ve spent a lot of time and years getting my local library to pass muster. Radio might be a great discovery tool for many here, but, I personally don’t have any skin in the game when it comes to an algorithm electing to communally share what I’m listening to in order to assist someone else in finding new music. Wish there was an opt-out, actually.

I know you folks have a few masters to serve here, but, I’d personally just like to see some solid UX work that streamlines what I want to see, when I want to see it, while making the most efficient use of the UI.

Anyway, don’t want to sound too curmudgeonly. You guy have done good work and I look forward to seeing what the new year has in store.

2 Likes

I’ve downloaded Roon 1.6 on laptop (core), desktop and tablet. I have a Qobuz Sublime + subscription but can’t see how it works with Roon. No sign of the word Qobuz on the Roon screen, and no sign of Roon on Qobuz! Have I missed something? I want Qobuz to stream in the way Tidal does. Thanks.