Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

Was really hoping for portrait mode on Android. (Samsung Tab S2 8 inch)

2 Likes

Please bring back the ability to clear all queued tracks or upcoming queued tracks in a single click, in the iPhone Roon App. The new system requires too many clicks to clear queue.

5 Likes

Good work guys! Pretty much half the changes benefit me and half don’t. Qobuz isn’t available in Finland and I always have DSP functions turned off. Radio is great feature on Roon and it’s great that it got attention on the update. Let’s see how it works in future. What I waited most was the vertical scrolling to the album browser but it seems I still have to wait for it. I like the visual changes that did happen though, all except the new “half view” of the spectrum. Liked the full view better, it’s clearer to read IMO. New now playing view is great, also search is clearer now and reminds me of Spotify search.

I also waited for Roon Ready support on Mutec products but still nothing there. I e-mailed Mutec last August and back then they said it should be released soon…

Excited for the new release. Anyone else having issues with their Oppo 205? At first when I would play music it would cut in and out with the device disappearing and reappearing on the screen. I just did a full restart of the server and while it recognized the device, the music is silent when playing music. Still checking out the issue.

Thanks for the new release. I love how this already great product keeps evolving. At the same time, Roon still does not have decent Internet radio functionality. I know lots of Roon users are interested in that. Even LMS 2008 functionality would be light years beyond what is currently offered.

2 Likes

@John_Culver Re: Internet radio:

3 Likes

Great!!! Thanks.

Congratulations to all at Roon. Qobuz integration and Radio fantastic !

I was talking about deleting local copies, not touching Roon.
I guess if the files are not stored in a Qobuz folder it’s an issue, but if they are all stored in a Qobuz folder, copy the folder somewhere else and delete it. All the Qobuz local files will be removed from Roon. Clean library in Roon, move the folder back in.

That’s what i did and it worked, although only one album.

Can someone please tell me where the DSP for each audio device is at?

Report the album track and it will get sorted.

1 Like

Ah , yes. Super.
:+1:

Congrats to all concerned at Roon. Just updated to 1.6 and having a play with it. My only (minor) gripe is that the new Radio “bar” on the right hand side of the screen seems to take up a large amount of screen space on my iPad remote and is a bit intrusive a minor quibble, but one I did notice immediately.

1 Like

Sometimes Roon radio choose Tidal or Qobuz over local files… why is this?

7 posts were split to a new topic: 1.6 - lyrics not scrolling on now playing

@Cantodea click on queue at the bottom of the screen then click the three dots at the top of the new screen then select if you want radio restricted to your library or to use Tidal and Quboz?

The new Radio is working well… great to have it use the streaming services. Excellent for discovery and the music seems well matched to the initial selection.
Good stuff.

2 Likes

That’s not what I want! I like the idea, but whena file is present in my own library, it should take local file first. What is more, Roon Radio choose sometimes inferieur AAC files instead of Flac…

1 Like

Very happy with the new release!

The thing I am most excited for: fixing the orientation issue on my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9"!!!

Automatic volume leveling don’t work in Qobuz though, will that be fixed? @brian ?