Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

(R. Neal) #1291

As much as I’ve been enjoying roon, think I’ll be switching back to JRiver until there’s a new release of roon. The now playing screen is annoying, distracting and embarrassing. (“You pay how much for that?”)

I’ve really, really tried to “get it” but the artist photos are just not working for me. Spending too much time trying to track down usable images. Some of the images roon shws would never be approved for an album cover by the artist. That’s one reason album covers are better for display. There’s usually some thought and creativity that goes into making them, and some are works of art.

That’s my feedback . Will check back for a software update and hope for the best.

Hmm… Don’t know what is happening. It was exactly 4 seconds for me. Complete with image construction. However, I have an internet connection at 200 Mbps.

(Dave Richardson) #1293

I’ve followed this thread since it began but can’t remember if this has been brought up previously. I have show more covers and art turned on and when viewing Albums on my iPad it displays 21 thumbnails. However, as soon as I Focus on ANYTHING, it only shows 8 thumbnails. It didn’t used to work that way. Wouldn’t mind if it went back to the way it was before.

(Ged) #1294

It’s a bug, roon will fix it in next release.

(Steve) #1295

I think that was my post quoted…

Yes, the Spotify radio’s good. But Spotify doesn’t have pop ups asking for feedback.

I’m all up for Roon requesting feedback to improve their service, but make it optional.

(Andrew Cox) #1296

This was a known issue prior to release of 1.6.

I wish I could say it will be fixed in the next release, but at this stage all I know is that a fix is underway.

(Paul Dickerson) #1297

Thanks for sending those result times back. Clearly something was different between your times and mine. Mine was consistently 30+ seconds and slow to queue up songs. So… reboot and clear all cache. Same thing we tell our business community when they have problems :grinning:. Now 4 seconds back on searches. :+1::+1::+1:

Happy Days!

(Dave Richardson) #1298

Thanks, I missed the earlier discussion.

(Jeremy Schmitz) #1299

I like some aspects of the latest release. But ultimately it’s not working for me. I run Roon on a tablet PC with my iPad mini or iPhone as a remote, so that I can display album art and song details on the full 12” screen. The new release relegates the display of that art and info to the same tiny size that many streamers include, around 2-3”. So the latest release takes a step backward for me in enjoying the experience. If full screen doesn’t become an option again, I’ll evaluate other options.

(Geoff Coupe) #1300

I suspect you missed this:

I got into Qobuz beta this week. I have long complained on these forums about how awful Tidal is and between the beta and 1.6, I’m in heaven and I don’t normally listen to classical (raised by parents who had NPR on night and day). But the music I’ve already discovered … a 5 hour playlist by ECM records, Jeremy Denk’s magnificent c.1300-c.2000, I mean this is fantastic. There’s only one sweeter sound, the sound of flushing Tidal.

(Mark) #1302

:toilet:

:smiley:

(Mark) #1303

However, while we’re giving constructive feedback to this thread what I will say is that the new Roon Search is still not parsing or returning results for Tidal playlists.

That’s the much bigger issue. Is there any reason it isn’t technically possible to do?A search directly from Tidal does give playlist results.

(Gerald Richardson) #1304

Virtually all ECM albums are available in Tidal, mosty in MQA, which is important to me, at a lower cost than Qobuz. I don’t see your point.

(Ged) #1305

If you want this capability add it as a requested feature.

(Ged) #1306

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

(David Orgel) #1307

I was experiencing a lot of slowness, too. Try restarting the core. That fixed it for me.

(Mark) #1308

Why is it a “feature”, as such? Regardless, it was subject to a feature request in 2015.

It just seems plain odd that a search in Tidal yields more complete results than a search in Roon. Seems like more of a bug than a ‘this would be nice to have’.

Amen. And, I’d still like to specify an Internet station. I mostly play classical and the idea of a Roon radio is absurd.

(Music and Shawarma Lover) #1310

I think 1.6 is a step forward. The release exposed a fair amount of work that needs to be done to bring every page up to spec. But radio is better, Qobuz integration is a significant milestone, and I think it looks pretty good.