Roon 1.6 : Roon + Qobuz, Tidal = Pandora for lossless lovers

My Roon just got updated, 5:58am Los Angeles. Thanks goes to the devs and team on another excellent release. Now if I only had my qobuz beta…

Just tried Sounliiz on one playlist from Tidal to Qobuz. 14 tracks not available in Qobuz from a total of 50. Sorry thats just too higher amount to loose. I dare to think how many I would loose syncing my whole library. Anyone know a way to check this before purchasing the full years sub to SoundLiiz?

Mods Can we please keep the MQA bs to the MQA thread please. Dont want this polluted with this heated argument.

I

You could always do it manually (as I did). Make an export to Excel of your Tidal albums, and then use this to add them manually to Roon as Qobuz albums. I did this for 600 albums. YMMV…

Ahh that might be worth a go, but does it tell you which ones fail?

Not until you try to find the album in Qobuz (17 in my case)

Agreed, I was tempted to split out earlier, too many people on their soapbox on both sides of the MQA camp, I hoped it would just fizzle out but no such luck. It’s now split out … the “debate” can continue there without derailing this topic.

I’ve switched; Qobuz offers digital booklets with many releases, and thus far, the catalogue of the music I listen to is well matched (of 600 TIDAL albums I’ve added, only 17 aren’t in Qobuz)

Enjoying it thoroughly here.

All good so far here - UK has the Qobuz integration and works seamlessly - had a few issues with Tidal but has been better recently.
Gradually exploring what Qobuz has to offere, and am pleasantly surprised

Got mine too…North Hollywood

This update by Roon might have saved Tidal a subscriber here. Was using Radio with some vocal jazz today in the office,and I was loving how it took me from my collection (including some Diana Krall) to gorgeous things by Carole Kidd, Cassandra Wilson and a gorgeous duet by Tony Bennett and Kay Starr among others.

I was planning to skip off back to Spotify at the end of my six months free Tidal trial - but this looks doubtful after just one afternoon with radio.

4 Likes

Crossing fingers that Qobuz launches in Canada before too long :timer_clock:

“Pandora for lossless…” What does that mean?

It’s the headline of the Darko article about Roon 1.6 which is at the start of the thread. Pandora is a music streaming and discovery product now only available in the USA. It streams in lossy formats such as mp3. The Roon integrations with Tidal and Qobuz enable FLAC streaming, including of MQA (Tidal) and Hi-Res 96kHz and 192kHz files (Qobuz). Darko has referred to that as lossless.