Roon 1.6 : Roon + Qobuz, Tidal = Pandora for lossless lovers

This.

3 Likes

Came onto the forum expecting a flurry of activity but nothing yetā€¦!

4 Likes

Great, hopefully my 11 inch iPad Pro will now have Roon remote full screen !

1 Like

Nice article ā€¦ Darko is definitely a fan. It mentions a much improved Radio function, improved now playing screen and a more ā€œapproachableā€ DSP engine. Have to wait until tomorrow around midday (EST) to find out what else is in 1.6.

Nice video as well although it was recorded in June of last year so it doesnā€™t show any 1.6 features.

Tim

When is midday Jan 22 EST ?

.sjb

Thatā€™s 5pm UK.

1 Like

I wonder did Darko jump the gun on this? Seems odd he is effectively making the announcement!

Unlisted - so mysterious! Sounds like a nice release though.

2 Likes

Indeed. They are keeping it under wraps :wink:

coughs
Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m going to have to ask you gentlemen for your secret agent codewords.

But yes. There has been some leakage and it will be kept under wraps on the Forum for a short time. People whoā€™ve posted in this thread (we happy few) will still see it, but not others.

One of the things the Roon devs like best is telling users about the new toys. I hope they still get to enjoy doing that.

3 Likes

Fair enough. The devs deserve the credit. Kudos to all at Roon for their hard work and making such a great product. Looking forward to the new featuresā€¦:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Canā€™t wait!!

Yes, looks like as it is already the 22nd in Europe, Darko didnā€™t jump the gun but probably posted at midnight.
So maybe if the article is correct 12est will mean I will see the update at nine pacific. Nice.

Great news, as a Qobuz Beta user canā€™t wait to see this release and the improved radio will be a wonderful bonus.

2 Likes

Looking forwardā€¦ improved internet radio and Qobuz integration!

9 posts were split to a new topic: I am definitely not paying extra for glorified MP3ā€™s

No problem. Congrats to the devs!