Roon 1.6 Update Issue - No Clear Queue Option [Ticket In]

Should have known better than to update right away :flushed:

Anyway, it looks like the option to Clear a music queue has disappeared with the latest update.

I’m using an Andriod based Remote with a Ubuntu Core.

Right now I have 1900 tracks sitting in my queue from a Playlist I was listening to before the update. After the update the only option I see is to remove 1 song at a time from the existing queue :face_vomiting:

Mother of God, someone please fix this soon…Thanks

2 Likes

The old method of clearing songs from the Queue is still working for me.

Open Queue
Select a song near the end you want to delete. (Use the long push)
Hold the shift key and select a song near the top. This should highlight all in between
Click on the 3 dots to the right of the Blue Play Now button
Choose the last item “Remove From Queue”
Voila. Gone

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately in my case I am using a Google Pixel phone as a remote so there is no keyboard option to allow for me to use a Shift Key to mass select tracks.

Guess I’m SOL. Looking on the bright side I do have 1900 songs of hair metal in the queue to keep me busy for awhile. :joy:

Don’t you have a laptop available loaded with Roon that you could use for the occasional cleanup action?

I just tried it on my iPad Pro and I was able to “select” tracks pretty fast with a long touch then hit the “Remove From Queue”. You may want to try it on your phone.

I’ve got a laptop but its loaded with Ubuntu which doesn’t have a Roon Remote option available.

I can select individual Tracks via my phone and remove them but there are 1900 tracks in the queue at the moment so I may have to get heavily sedated first before I try and remove them in that painful manner :joy:

Play Now will remove upcoming songs in the Queue.

1 Like

Thank You…that indeed appears to work for me.

I’ll live with this work around in hopes that the button returns at some point

Hold a track down in the Queue until it gets selected. Above the Queue to the left of the blue Play Now button, it will say “1 selected” with a drop down. Use the drop down and choose all. Then choose Remove from Queue. The drop down also contains options such as “Select Played” and “Select Skipped”. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

This was not intended. We’ll get this fixed for our next update.

For now, you can select + delete, and also note that Play Now and Start Radio both start with a fresh position at the end of the queue.

2 Likes

Thanks guys…two of the suggestions posted appear to work so I’ll run with those.

No harm no foul

Thought I was going crazy, no way to clear, I have a ginormous queue, is this likely to slow down performance as it seems to take some time to load a song, really this is pretty essential…
This works… Thank you
Hold a track down in the Queue until it gets selected. Above the Queue to the left of the blue Play Now button, it will say “1 selected” with a drop down. Use the drop down and choose all. Then choose Remove from Queue. The drop down also contains options such as “Select Played” and “Select Skipped”. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

I’m glad it worked for you. :smiley:

Whew! I thought I was going nuts. None of the workarounds beat the ability to quickly clear upcoming or all. Thanks!